Whats for Dinner, Saturday February 7?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Poor Man's Lobster tonight!

img_788721_0_9e40d3806de0e16e2a09598fe7575bc3.jpg

I have had the ingredients to make chili for two weekends now. Today, the weather is cold, damp, etc. It just makes me want to have chili. Tonight's dinner is chili, tossed green salad with a raspberry vinaigrette and chocolate cake for dessert.

tasty Pasta for the Dinner.

I prepared Pasta today for the dinner.It was yummy:chef:

I cheated today, I took the kids to see the movie Defiance with Daniel Craig (very good) and then I took my wife to Mall Cop (fairly ok) and then we went to Boston Pizza and had the shrimp and fetta penne. Very good.

Since we had a "heat wave" of about 65 today, I took Tuna salad to work tonight.

Chicken-something. I'm not sure yet. I have a few different ideas. Someone at work yesterday was talking about stuffing, and I have a craving for that now. I'll let you know later.

Dave, Sloppy Joes sound really good. One of my favorite meals! :chef:
Here is one of my past Sloppy Joe meals!
yum.gif

img_788906_1_7fd0c9f9ba656155b0db1b1ddef6809b.jpg

Looks good VB! Are those baked potato wedges? YUM!

Looks good VB! Are those baked potato wedges? YUM!
I just peeled regular potatoes (I can't remember what kind they were), cut into thick wedges, tossed in olive oil, salt-n-pepper, garlic powder and I think italian seasoning. Set the oven at 400 F. Line a sheet pan with foil and treat with either non-stick cooking spray or olive oil. Place potato wedges on sheet pan, spaced evenly apart, and bake for about 30 min. Turn the wedges over and cook another 20-30 min... ovens vary.

They are awesome, and I make those a lot. The only frozen potatoes I have anymore are Tater-tots. Boy, Sloppy Joes really sound good, and it's only 5:30 am over here in WA state. :LOL: I like to make them with ground turkey too, but my BF doesn't like ground turkey. So, I usually end up making them with beef.

Last night, I made a chicken-stuffing bake with Cr. of mushroom soup (I know :neutral:) with peas and carrots.... tossed salad to start with.

Can I turn my teenager in for a new one? Or send her off to college NOW? I left the ribs on the crock so she could have some. Not only did she spend 4 hours on the computer last night instead of eating any, she left the crock on the counter and the food is wasted. Granted, it wasn't that good, but it's the principle of the thing. I hate wasting food.

Chicken-something. I'm not sure yet. I have a few different ideas. Someone at work yesterday was talking about stuffing, and I have a craving for that now. I'll let you know later.

Dave, Sloppy Joes sound really good. One of my favorite meals! :chef:
Here is one of my past Sloppy Joe meals!
yum.gif

img_788992_1_7fd0c9f9ba656155b0db1b1ddef6809b.jpg

I saw this yesterday, and meant to comment....This looks awesome Miss Vanilla --- It realy speaks to me --- Yummy!

I made pan-seared pork chops finished with apple juice, dipped in a BBQ sauce/vinegar/Vidalia onion-peach hot sauce concoction, with baked potatoes and green beans. Then we made Cosmos and sat back to watch "Sex and the City" on Cox on Demand. DH also had Jim Beam on the rocks - he thought that sounded more like Mr. Big than a Cosmo ;)

Back
Top Bottom