Whats for Dinner, Saturday February 7?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DaveSoMD

Master Chef
Moderator Emeritus
Easy-peasy dinner here tonight, Sloppy Joes, Baked Beans, and coleslaw.

So whats going on your table tonight?

Chicken-something. I'm not sure yet. I have a few different ideas. Someone at work yesterday was talking about stuffing, and I have a craving for that now. I'll let you know later.

Dave, Sloppy Joes sound really good. One of my favorite meals! :chef:
Here is one of my past Sloppy Joe meals!
yum.gif

img_788542_1_7fd0c9f9ba656155b0db1b1ddef6809b.jpg

I have brats and german potato salad ready. Maybe I'll go pick up a couple of beers to go with it. We usually don't drink so don't keep it stocked but every now and then a meal just cries out for some!

Stacy,
we ae having the onion sauce over pounded chicken breasts, with rice and those great big artichokes, a green salad wit oranges and red onions and dressed w ith OJ,evoo and a touch of honey and champagne vinegar.
Dessert plain ol chocolate cake and chocolate frosting and vanilla ice cream
kadesma

... and those great big artichokes...
Oh man, I had one of those last night with a baked potato topped with carmelized Vidalia onions, sauteed mushrooms, sour cream, and bacon bits and I was STUFFED.

Tonight it's Jewish Penicillin (chicken soup) because we all have colds.

stacy,
we ae having the onion sauce over pounded chicken breasts, with rice and those great big artichokes, a green salad wit oranges and red onions and dressed w ith oj,evoo and a touch of honey and champagne vinegar.
Dessert plain ol chocolate cake and chocolate frosting and vanilla ice cream
kadesma

drooling!! Lol

making a batch of calzones today, have the bread rising presently. will use some browned chevon, a canned hot tomato sauce and a ricotta cheese recipe that makes a particularily good savory dish. also will bake some yukon gold potatoes for a later baked potato soup.

no idea .. pulled muscle in my neck and my head is pinned
to my shoulder .. we were supposed to go to a party..
unless these drugs kick into overtime i dont see that happening ..
maybe order a pizza and watch a movie ..

We're going to a movie tonight so I've already made a shepherds pie and I just have to bake it when we get home. Might try a new goat cheese salad recipe to go with it. I'm feeling like chocolate pudding for dessert so need to start cracking and find a recipe to try for that.

Last Saturday night I went out to eat on the River.The food was awful!!:sick:

So tonight...It's back to the good stuff!! (For me anyway)

Bourbon ------- Blanton's
Fried Catfish -----
Hush puppies --------
FF potatoes --------
A big pot of mustard greens with lots of turnip roots!!! -------
Chocolate Ice Cream......

no idea .. pulled muscle in my neck and my head is pinned
to my shoulder .. we were supposed to go to a party..
unless these drugs kick into overtime i dont see that happening ..
maybe order a pizza and watch a movie ..

Sorry to hear about your pain, L2Q. I totally understand the not wanting to go out. I think pizza and a movie sounds wonderful!

Uncle Bob, while dinner on the river sounded grand when you mentioned it last week, I think I would probably take your cooking over commercial stuff any day!

Our dinner at lunch was some of the pork sausage I made yesterday in patties with egg and cheese on toast with homemade hash browns and fresh snap peas! I know, not cholesterol friendly but the sausage is very lean and I only a scrambled egg white and low fat cheese.

For my light dinner I think I will have a small chef salad.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom