What's for Dinner, Saturday January 20, 2007?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I`m doing a Thai Chicken curry with basmati rice and peas.

the beef stew for tomorow is already cooked and cooling, it always tastes better the next day for some reason?

we've been eating takeout a lot this week, so i'm hoping to make something at home tonight.
i found a large can of new england clam chowder in the cupboard that i'll add some water and heat up tonight, but dw won't eat it. the label says "best before: 12/05", but it is a sealed can so it shouldn't have gone bad, imo. it was from a food and wine festival from down the shore that year, and i remember it was delicious, so i'm not gonna chuck it. waste not, want not.

i also have some sweet italian turkey sausage, and herb chicken sausage defrosting. i'm trying to come up with some ideas for those.

gonna stop off at the korean market, then the paterson farmer's market on the way home tonight.

In celebration of the Saints victory, Lou and I are having

Stuffed mirlton
Creole Shrimp over rice
Praline Bread pudding with bourbon sauce

We're drinking sazeracs tonight, (still have absinthe!) and I believe a zinfindel with the shrimp.

Had the Eagles won, the menu would have been entirely different!

YT2095 said:
I`m doing a Thai Chicken curry with basmati rice and peas.

the beef stew for tomorow is already cooked and cooling, it always tastes better the next day for some reason?
I agree, I cooked my beef roast yesterday for today!

VeraBlue said:
In celebration of the Saints victory, Lou and I are having

Stuffed mirlton
Creole Shrimp over rice
Praline Bread pudding with bourbon sauce

We're drinking sazeracs tonight, (still have absinthe!) and I believe a zinfindel with the shrimp.

Had the Eagles won, the menu would have been entirely different!

What are you doing here....you and Lou should be otherwise engaged :cool:

Hmm, I have some pork mince. I feel uninspired tonight, I should have decided what to do with it ages ago.....

any ideas? I'm going to have a bath and try and decide:ermm:

I found a recipe for hot german potato salad that sound very close to the one at the german restaurant we like so am going to try it with weinerschnitzel (also first time recipe) and spaetzle noodles (tried and true recipe).

Since Cade spent the night last night and will be here til after supper tonight, at his request we are having pannini sandwiches made with seranno ham, gruyere cheese, arugala,on foccacia, some potato salad and Michele Maries apple dessert with ice cream. Plus he will help me make some pasta sauce to take to my daughters for Olivias birthday party tomorrow.

kadesma:)

buckytom said:
the label says "best before: 12/05", but it is a sealed can so it shouldn't have gone bad, imo.

Don't forget to post something tomorrow so we can make sure you're still with us!

Hopefully I'm having sushi tonight - belated anniversary dinner.

Well, since I woke up this morning to no electricity (which means no heat or water), my morning began getting dressed while being able to see my breath, followed by a trip to pick up some hay for the horses & a stop at the bagel place for a country ham, egg, & cheddar bagel sandwich & a LARGE cup of coffee.

Power came back on, but winds are still at 45 mph here & we're supposed to get a snow/sleet storm tonight thru tomorrow. What fun!!!

So husband brought home some sushi, & I'm going to make some quicky shrimp eggdrop soup to go along with it. Figure that even if the power conks out again, we'll at least have the sushi.

This was last night, sorry, I'll be eating the same thing tonight and you'll soon find out why ;)

While I generally don't do "pre-prepared" foods, my brother was cleaning out his freezer in preparation to move to his new house. And he'd bought this Mandarin Chicken with Orange Sauce at Costco (the brand is Crazy Cuizine).

He gave me half of what was in the box, 1 package of battered chicken breast nuggets and a packet of orange sauce. This would have fed 4 people, little did I know :) So I have leftovers. And more leftovers. I can't eat all this! Dang, good thing I didn't make fried rice to go with it! :LOL:
For a pre-prepared frozen dinner thing, I have to give it a hearty :chef: Just make sure if you buy this you have people to eat it with you. A little goes a long way.

Fraidy

Back
Top Bottom