What's for Dinner Saturday January 2nd?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LPBeier

Certified Cake Maniac
Moderator Emeritus
So, everyone finished with all the holiday leftovers?

I am going to make spaghetti and meatballs today as I forgot to get my beef out yesterday so Dad and I ended up having meat pies made with turkey and salad.

What are you all having?

We had the second of 3 homemade pizzas yesterday and spaghetti the day before. Need something s bit more substantial so I have sirloins out thawing. Haven't figured out what I'll serve with it. Maybe some alfredo noodles or cheesy rice. I got 5 lbs of swiss and 3 lbs of cheddar for Christmas so need to find ways to use it!

we will have pizza... the dough is still preparing, the onions are cut and the oven heated... just a few minutes and the pizza will be in the oven...

no clue whats for dinner. probably leftover salads and cold cuts or breakfast again using cold cuts and cheeses.

BUT this was Brunch - pan fried potatoes, green pepper, green onion, red onion and chopped bacon.

img_869131_0_06cfcb66a618778f5681a263e460c9f3.jpg

Scrambled eggs added and cooked till set.

img_869131_1_8e6a35d288e4b436e5bc786159e48572.jpg

between the heavy duty cold and accompanying medicines:) I am glad I was able to put a meal together for 3 of dh's college friends who are expected to arrive in a half hour..

corn, potato and ham chowder, herbed dinner rolls, homemade brownies and Breyers ice cream

corn, potato and ham chowder, herbed dinner rolls, homemade brownies and Breyers ice cream

Love Breyers Ice Cream!!! Especially the Chocolate! :)

It's looking like it's gonna be Fried Catfish for supper tonight!!
Probably a few hush puppies.....
Fresh Mustard Greens....
Maybe a fried tator or two.......
Chocolate Covered Cherries.....

The meat put out for meatballs became burgers for patty melts. DH was sanding the kitchen ceiling so I was relegated to the dining room with my appliances. Made fries with the fryer, defrosted the bread in the microwave and did the burgers and final sandwiches on the griddler!

So, not sure what dinner will be but it will be a light one after that!

Pizza for us as well. Trying a different pizza crust recipe. Mine will be traditional pepperoni, my favorite, and my partner's will have ricotta instead of tomato sauce, with ham, bacon and who knows what else!

we're expecting dinner guests, so jake's cooking pasta/meatballs for us adults & chix nuggets for the kiddos. then guys nite for them & a nite to myself.

Not sure yet. It will be either leftover Pork Roast, Sauerkraut, Mashed Potatoes, Kale and Black eyed Peas OR Rib Eye Steak, Baby Bellas, Mashed Potatoes and a Salad.

We'll be having Coq Au Vin, I prepared it yesterday since it's always better the second day. :)

We are having Mulligatawny soup, Rogan Josh Chicken, basmati rice, punjab eggplant & cauliflower/potatoes with cilantro, ginger, garlic, etc. I wanted to make naan but I have no butter, bummer! Happy New Year!

I think we are having spaghetti made with large macaroni noodles, spaghetti squash, and salad - menu planned by 12 year old =)

pasta was yummy & so was the sauce. the tots liked thier chix nugs. THEN jake gave them (2 4-year-olds) kool-bursts & one of the dads gave his a caffienated pop. then they found a pack of razzles i placed from (or so i figured) thier view. they devoured half of them before relinquishing them. they went on a sugar high, went into near hysterics zipping thru the place. & my beloved tigs, that kitty was so great at maintaining his feline composure after they decided he was thier new toy. they also located my snoozing pills, although those were well from thier reach due to me & jake's babyproofng the place. after 2 falls & a near bout of subsequent tears,
other than a sticky, sneaker-printed floor & a feline that may now require sedatives, dinner was great.
guys took the kiddos for a nite at the arena.

Back
Top Bottom