What's for Dinner, Saturday March 27th?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LPBeier

Certified Cake Maniac
Moderator Emeritus
Well, it is Hockey Night in Canada so it is hot dog night in our house.

How about yours? What's on the menu for Saturday dinner?

Well Miss Laurie ....Isa gonna fry up some little (2-3oz) catfish filets...make a big batch of hush dem puppies...fry up some tators..sweet ones too....either cook up some cabbage greens or make slaw...Not sure just yet....I'm sure there will be a bowl of Chocolate Ice Cream before bed time too!

Fun & Enjoy!

I'm not sure since I'm going out for dinner but if given the choice it will be grilled salmon with a fresh mango salsa from the "Bonefish Grill"...yum

Thick cut pork chops (I already have them in the brine this morning).
I'll be using my grill pan for them...love those grill marks.
Steamed broccoli, and I'll do some Spanish Rice for hubby.

Kayelle...still not eating carbs.:angel:

I got some brisket, chuck and bacon that I'll grind for some 6oz burgers with some onions, mushrooms, roasted red and yellow peppers, red leaf lettuce, avocado slices and cheese with some onion rings

I do believe that those were the best burgers I've ever done. Freshly coarse ground, cooked med-rare, they were tender, juicy and delicious.

Sirloin Steak, peas with pearl onions.. a little bruschetta for appetizer..

Seasoned the steak, got the iron skillet HOT... Flashed it on both sides to brown, popped it in a 475F oven to finish.. perfect medium rare.. very tasty black angus steak.

Dad's Steak Rolladeens... which is what he called rouladens..
Round steak wrapped around onion, bacon, pickle. Brown then simmer
in mushroom gravy for half an hour or so, served with mashed taters.
One of my childhood favorites!

deep fried chicken wings, could only eat two. had about a half of baked potato left over. sprinkled with cheese and lost of butter. i have yellow cake with milk choco. frosting. still don't know where my appetite has gone.

I made Spaghetti alla Carbonara. Turned out better than I thought
spaghetticarbonara.jpg

...oh my, masteraznchef...that's looks so delicious!

...and, thank you Jeff G...i'm going to try that method for cooking steak. I used to try to broil it in the oven and it would set of the smoke alarm off(not to mention not-so-tender) so then I resorted to always grilling my steaks....but your way sounds yummy.

Back
Top Bottom