What's for dinner Saturday March 5

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CWS4322

Chef Extraordinaire
Okay, I'll start today's thread. I have a pork tenderloin that must be cooked before tomorrow. I am in the mood for s/thing Scandinavian, so this is what I'm going to do with the pork tenderloin. I like all the "flavors" but that's probably an acquired taste. Has anyone cooked pork tenderloin with these herbs/spices? (Snapse Krydret Svine Mørbrad):

Grilled Pork Tenderloin with Aquavit Seasonings (Snapse Krydret Svine Mørbrad) Recipe - Food by Yahoo! Shine!

I have some brussel sprouts, might make those using Laura Calder's recipe (without the bacon):

Brussels Sprouts - Recipes - Food Network Canada

. Might add oven-roasted potatoes. Or not. I'll see how hungry I am.

What are you making?

Grocery day, so we are undecided. Probably Costco too.

Craig

Last edited:
I'll be reheating some Prussian meatballs here shortly. I am starved!
Tonight my tastes could go anywhere though. I'm going to try out my "fresh" flour on a loaf of Italian bread later on, so I'd like something for dinner that goes well with bread. Maybe stew. Yeah, stew sounds good. I better take some stew meat out of the freezer while I'm thinking about it.

Today will be clean out the fridge day so we won't have any U.F.O.s (unidentified food objects). Quite a mix of "a little of this and a little of that," plus we have to be out early to drive to the theatre to see a live performance of Hairspray. We're joining some folks after the performance for drinks, etc., so it really doesn't matter what we have for dinner.

I've thawed out the turkey drumstick and other whole leg, as well as a package of the wild and brown rice medley that I made with turkey stock.

I'll strip the turkey meat off and add it to the rice, then I'm taking the bones and making stock.

I'm also going to make stock with the skin from the ham plus a little of the cooked pork.

I might as well make them both at the same time.

I got the idea from the pork hocks thread where someone (Pacanis?) said to make up the stock first. Why not have it on hand to make say some rice with?:chef:

That wasn't my idea, but I made note of that, too. And also using the pressure cooker. That was a good idea, too.

I did not have a small package of stew meat in the freezer like I thought, it was a chuck roast, so I stuck it in the fridge to slow thaw. Probably stew tomorrow, so that now leaves my dinner plans open for tonight. Decisions, decisions...

I've got a chuck roast that I plan to make in the pressure cooker not sure about the sides yet...maybe a hashbrown casserole and green beans.

I got quite a bit of meat off the drumsticks and thigh so I've decided to make a turkey and wild rice soup using the big pot of stock I just made.

If I have enough baking mix I'll make drop biscuit dumplings.:chef:

I hate boiling eggs, too, babetoo. It seems so tedious. I ruled out cooking a chicken tonight because it came with giblets, so that means giblet gravy, so that means boiling an egg... I'm just not in the mood for boiling an egg :wacko:

Angus tips stew with everything I could use in the fridg. Zucchini,carrots,onions celery with the leaves, a half jar of salsa which gives
the stew some zip.for herbs I used some tarragon,rosemary,garlic herbs de provence. I made homemade rolls, a green salad of freise, roma tomatoes grilled anchovies and avocado with red onion and sweet oranges.
kadesma:)

I was going to do creamy chicken and noodles, but apparently I told Shrek, dumplings...so dumplings it is. About another 30 min on the soupy part. That's the technical term for this dish.

So, the chuck roast evolved into a pot roast with honey gold potatoes, onion, celery, baby carrots and baby bella mushrooms with a salad and garlic bread.

Attachments

• dinner03052011-1.jpg
    dinner03052011-1.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 169
  • dinner03052011-2.jpg
    dinner03052011-2.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 172
Tonight I'm making shell pasta with sauteed garlic, tuna, canned Tuscan tomatoes, dry white wine, black olives, herbs, etc. Roasted cauliflower on the side.

Back
Top Bottom