What's for Dinner -Saturday May 19, 2007?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

legend_018

Head Chef
What's for dinner? Let me know so I can decide who's house I'm going to visit.
:LOL:

I have a Dijorno pizza in the freezer and I was going to cook that up and call it a day. However, after reading a food blog last night, I want to try making homemade pizza dough with whole wheat flour instead of all purpose flour (actually has some all purpose in it too) and my mouth is watering after looking at there shrimp alfredo pizza that this couple made.

So ONE dijorno pizza and one homemade shrimp alfredo pizza.

I may cook for my new guy , or we may go out. Still early. If I can get all the ingredients together today:

Shrimp Risotto
Shrimp Risotto Recipe

Roasted asparagus w evoo, S&P, & freshly-grated Parmesan cheese

Roasted cherry tomatoes

Strawberry Tiramisu (more about that idea later)
Strawberry Tiramisu

Salad & garlic bread

Appys - to be determined

Last edited:
mish said:
I may cook for my new guy , or we may go out. Still early. If I can get all the ingredients together today:

WoW that sounds wonderful. Lucky guy. ;)

Today is cat adoption day, so I'll be eating junk food, but you can come to my house and help yourself to whatever's in the fridge and/or freezer. Just make sure to feed and water the kittens, and clean their litter box!

Oh, don't tell Tyler or you'll soon be seeing them at Applebee's, but Panini del Monte Cristo were a success!

Last edited:
Mexican chicken, brown rice and roasted peppers and mushrooms. Dessert, I'm not sure but it needs to be something--I'm craving sweets today!:LOL:

Last night with 3 new recipes for me to embark on, they were all 3 major smashes. How often can you say that? Uncle Bob's Holly Grail Hush Puppies, KitchenElfs Korean Short Ribs, and Bobby Flay's ThrowDown (his competitor's recipe for) > Red Velvet Cupcakes with cream cheese frosting on half the batch and Constance's White Frosting on the other half. OH SO GOOD!:) :chef: :)

Tonights dinner? Dunno yet.

Veggie lasagna. Same as traditional meat lasagna but with lots of sauteed vegetables- zucchini, asparagus, mushrooms, red peppers and spinach- with marinara sauce, just a little ricotta and fresh mozzarella. Salad on the side instead of bread- still watching the calories here- 4 pounds lost...26 more to go!

Flourgirl said:
Veggie lasagna. Same as traditional meat lasagna but with lots of sauteed vegetables- zucchini, asparagus, mushrooms, red peppers and spinach- with marinara sauce, just a little ricotta and fresh mozzarella. Salad on the side instead of bread- still watching the calories here- 4 pounds lost...26 more to go!
how ya doin it FlourGirl? WW's, JC, NSYS, or on your own? Just curious as I've been doin it too;)

Repeat from last night- (Grandsons love'em), sloppy joes, fries, cole slaw. Ice cream, and popcorn with a movie. (Stuart Little)

Last edited:
I've got a ham going in my smoker right now. Gonna give it until 6, then take it out and carve it up. Probably corn, and not sure about the starch. Cornmeal mush, maybe?

no, no, no mush , Allen! Corn is a starch. If you need a bread-like side, make cornbread or cornbread muffins. Or grill some pineapple or stir-fry some peaches with brown sugar and powdered ginger. Either will go great with your ham.

LEFSElover said:
how ya doin it FlourGirl? WW's, JC, NSYS, or on your own? Just curious as I've been doin it too;)

Nobody's plan, just me...

breakfast...snack...lunch...snack...dinner...herbal tea
eating dinner no later than 5:00 pm (only tea after that)
no more soda
no snacking after dinner
no sweets (except special occasions)
literally cutting portions in half!- (that's a BIG one I think)

Good Luck to you!! :)

Birthday meal here too!
and it was o so good!
made some of these pumkin spinach ravioli that are always really good!:chef: had some salad with a new balsamic vinagrette. topped it off with some raspberry cheesecake that I made.
I'm pretty full, but there is some ice cream in the freezer that hasn't been tried yet and we're about to watch a movie so....

I lit up the charcoal grill & made kabobs from a large Shady Brook Farms Marinated Turkey Tenderloin cut into chunks, along with chunks of baby zucchini, orange & yellow bell peppers, Vidalia onions, & extra-large fresh white mushroom caps. Served them with a large green salad.

Back
Top Bottom