What's for Dinner Saturday May 23?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bethzaring

Master Chef
I am still chuckleing over Uncle Bob's gourmetedness:ROFLMAO:

Well, I am having at least two gourmet items on the menu tonight;

grilled goat burgers made with home grown goat meat, and

homemade ice cream made with home grown milk and home made vanilla

just doesn't get any more goremay than that!;)

having friends over tonight and will also serve potato salad and spinach in some manner..

what are you fixing?

I am defrosting a pork tenderloin and will probably grill that with roasted red potatoes, maybe a salad with goat cheese, pecans and cranberries. Something chocolately for dessert, not sure what. An easy cool whip/cheesecakey thing would be good.

A nice thick Filet Mignon Steak cooked in butter over an open flame in a white hot cast iron skillet topped with caramelized onion, pasta salad and corn on the cob.

Club sandwiches here. Started my holiday cooking so we're going light.
The weekend and holiday will have potato salad, cottage cheese w/chives and garlic, baked beans, burgers on the grill, Ruebans, corn on the cob, the whole 9 yards for a foodie weekend. Oh and homemade chocolate chip cookies.

I'm making Mark a pasta dish in a cream sauce with diced tomato, chopped red pepper, green onion and sausage..... tossed salad first.

I'm staying away from the sausage as I haven't been feeling good. I'm going to have a vegie wrap with Havarti cheese... warmed up so the cheese melts.

i'm not too sure- i went to my fridge & shelves & there's too many options. i shut the fridge & said, "forget it".
maybe me & tigs will share crab if he'll eat it, that needs to be cooked soon.

Here it is 6:45 and I don't know!!! Our house is a terrible mess because we have had electricians here all week rewiring the house... the house is made of brick, cement and stucco, so that requires lots of drilling, chiseling, grinding, etc., and everything is covered in cement dust. DH has been helping me dust and I have been mopping floors and washing all the dishes in my open cupboards...I am thinking I'll send my sweety to the corner taco stand.

i have chicken thighs marinated , olive oil. lemon juice and zest and cilantro.

going out to veggies in pots soon to pick spinach for a salad with hot bacon dressing. that will be it.

I'm making Mark a pasta dish in a cream sauce with diced tomato, chopped red pepper, green onion and sausage..... tossed salad first.

I'm staying away from the sausage as I haven't been feeling good. I'm going to have a vegie wrap with Havarti cheese... warmed up so the cheese melts.
I decided to make a thick pasta sauce, using stewed tomatoes (diced), onions, peppers, italian sausage and green onion........... cook on high for 2 hours... Take the cover off the last half an hour, add a 2 Tbsp of flour and whisk that in quickly to prevent lumps. I'm serving it over wheat spaghetti and a small roll on the side.

It was a hot day today so I went for cold plate. Ham, roast beef, potato salad (all bought at the local deli) and a garden salad. Dessert was, of course more of Dad's birthday cake and ice cream.

Had lunch out today with a friend and was served the biggest club sandwich I've ever seen. There was no way I could eat the whole thing at one sitting, so I had the rest for dinner tonight. It was just as good as it was at lunchtime and I am just as stuffed.

I decided to make a thick pasta sauce, using stewed tomatoes (diced), onions, peppers, italian sausage and green onion........... cook on high for 2 hours... Take the cover off the last half an hour, add a 2 Tbsp of flour and whisk that in quickly to prevent lumps. I'm serving it over wheat spaghetti and a small roll on the side.
This was Mark's dinner. I didn't take a picture of mine.
img_823822_0_f5a1e9fe84d8e4b74304ca705dadfd1e.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom