What's for Dinner, Saturday, October 4, 2008?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So I finally know what is happening! DH has made me breakfast, lunch and is doing something with chicken thighs (all he will say) for dinner. We are then going to visit some friends for dessert.

chicken thighs cooked in a skillet with tomato sauce, salt and pepper. Not sure if I will cook spaghetti with it or rice.

In honor of Laurie's b-day, I'm making chimichangas w/ picadillo....

I know she'd like 'em if she tried 'em. Thats why they're just for her!

:)

On the eve of my many cooking days to come, I'll be getting something take out.

Oh Buddy, it must be nice to be at home cooking again - and I'm sure your family is grateful as well!

Yes! I went entirely too long without cooking anything. And those poor cooks at the hospital, LOL, I couldn't help but keep sending notes on my menu with suggestions on how to make it better or what spices to use or better ways of cooking things up....:angel:

I think they were glad to see me go for some strange reason....:ermm:

I ate 1/5 of the order today of my Skyline chili 5 way.
She looked at me like I had three heads when I ordered a large.
Even said, "Really?". I did that so hubby can have it for dinner and he'll finally know what I've tried to copy the few times I've attempted it.
Their's is way better unfortunately.

In honor of Laurie's b-day, I'm making chimichangas w/ picadillo....

I know she'd like 'em if she tried 'em. Thats why they're just for her!

:)

Aww, Suz, I would absolutely love them! Thanks for thinking of me and enjoy them for me too okay?

Yes! I went entirely too long without cooking anything. And those poor cooks at the hospital, LOL, I couldn't help but keep sending notes on my menu with suggestions on how to make it better or what spices to use or better ways of cooking things up....:angel:

I think they were glad to see me go for some strange reason....:ermm:

Ha Ha, Maverick, I did the exact same thing! Didn't help much though!

I think I'm going to go with wienies & beans. I wish I could call them Trail Rider wienies & beans, but I'll be cooking them inside in one pot. I'll probably throw some rice and BBQ sauce in with them, plus onions and bacon of course.... Bush's Plus :) Served on a thick slice of garlic bread. Maybe a burger patty on the side....
I've got a taste for BBQ'd thighs, but the store will have to wait until tomorrow.

we've a guest, so we took him fer pittsburgh-pizza. he's afraid of my city!!! it's high-end pittsburgh, tee-hee.

I put a 7 pound pork butt in the smoker at midnight and it finished at 4:15 this afternoon. We're having pulled pork sangwiches with homemade coleslaw and fresh corn on the cob. I'd been craving ribs, but pork butts were on sale for .99/lb. and I couldn't pass them up.

I think I'm going to go with wienies & beans. I wish I could call them Trail Rider wienies & beans, but I'll be cooking them inside in one pot. I'll probably throw some rice and BBQ sauce in with them, plus onions and bacon of course.... Bush's Plus :) Served on a thick slice of garlic bread. Maybe a burger patty on the side....
I've got a taste for BBQ'd thighs, but the store will have to wait until tomorrow.

pacanis, what would differentiate trail rider wienies and beans from a one pot thing?

bush's plus reminds me of my bil. he talked on and on about the fantastic baked beans that he makes, so i was hoping for a good recipe. but when he finally made them, they were just a coupla cans o' bush's, with extra bacon and onions. :ermm:

oh, btw, have you tried sweet chili sauce with plain grilled thighs? i'm hooked on it. maggi brand makes a good one, but my fave is mae ploy brand. in fact, it's good on anything plainly grilled protein, especially chicken, pork, shrimp, and squid.

My husband made dinner...cheese ravioli in an Alfredo sauce with arugula & asparagus & a salad of bibb lettuce, yellow & orange carrots, grape tomatoes, cucumber & asiago peppercorn dressing. It always tastes really good, when I don't have to make it or do the dishes! :)

i had a steak and cheese pannin sp? very good for frozen. also had french fries. they too are frozen. ore ida. with chrisping foil . key lime pie. told you i was going to buy lots of fast and boxed food as i am just not in the mood to cook lately. i am full, it was decent and done in seven minutes.:chef:

pacanis, what would differentiate trail rider wienies and beans from a one pot thing?

bush's plus reminds me of my bil. he talked on and on about the fantastic baked beans that he makes, so i was hoping for a good recipe. but when he finally made them, they were just a coupla cans o' bush's, with extra bacon and onions. :ermm:

oh, btw, have you tried sweet chili sauce with plain grilled thighs? i'm hooked on it. maggi brand makes a good one, but my fave is mae ploy brand. in fact, it's good on anything plainly grilled protein, especially chicken, pork, shrimp, and squid.

The other night Uncle Bob mentioned having trail rider ribs (or something). When asked what they were, he said it just meant they were cooked outside over the campfire ;) Sure does add a nice ring to what you are having, besides cooking them outside.

Yeah, you can only do so much with beans from a can, but they're quick anyway. My "good" recipe starts the night before, but that's more work than I care to expend for just beans.

I'll have to give the sweet chili sauce a try. Thanks. I was leaning towards Goodweed's Sriracha (sp?) marinade, but one of my friends called last night and wants to go for a putt this afternoon, so I may change plans altogether :(

Do you marinade with the chili sauce or apply like BBQ sauce?

Bet you never thought you'd hear me say this but... .I don't know.

We have lots of left overs from the week, but I'm pretty tired of them and nothing I can think of sound appealing. Maybe I'll take a drive to the Amish farmer's market this morning and see if that inspires me.

never made it to the farmer's market. I spent the morning running errands then a realxing afternoon and eveining workin in the yard and my greenhouse. So we had take-out chineese for dinner, Sweet & Sour chicken for SO and Kung Pao chicken and egg rolls for me.

I'll have to give the sweet chili sauce a try. Thanks. I was leaning towards Goodweed's Sriracha (sp?) marinade, but one of my friends called last night and wants to go for a putt this afternoon, so I may change plans altogether :(

Do you marinade with the chili sauce or apply like BBQ sauce?

gw's sriracha marinade? sounds good. i'll look around for it, unless you have handy to pm. tia.
oh geez, you just reminded me that i forgot to wish him a happy birthday. the old geezer gets upset for a while when you forget him like that. it's ok, though. he forgets pretty quickly too... :cool:

sweet chili sauce is more like a bbq sauce. it can be added at the end of cooking, or just used as a post-grill dipping (more like smothering) sauce.
i prefer it as as the latter. it's even good as a salad dressing. it's a lot like chinese duck sauce, with hot red pepper added.

Back
Top Bottom