What's for Dinner, Saturday, October 4, 2008?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Wow, LEFSE, you are early on this one! It isn't even Saturday yet here! All I know is that I can have anything I want for dinner - eat out, bring in or have hubby cook. Is this one of the perks of becoming "old"? Doesn't matter, I feel special and that's what counts!

I finished the last of the veg/beef soup so I think I'll start on some chicken soup today. It's been cold and rainy here. I'll probably take some to my mom as she's got bronchitis and a bad head cold.

Barb

taking the kids to Busch Gardens for the last time this season ..
so it will be something from there ..

Bet you never thought you'd hear me say this but... .I don't know.

We have lots of left overs from the week, but I'm pretty tired of them and nothing I can think of sound appealing. Maybe I'll take a drive to the Amish farmer's market this morning and see if that inspires me.

Not sure, but it'll include homemade mashed potatoes. I've been graving the last couple of days.

Now if that isn't a Freudian slip thinking craving and gravy at the same time, I don't know what is ;)

I don't know yet what's for dinner, but I do know I am starving right now... :pig:

got so excited when I got asked to join a friend when she saw it on our drive.
Please picture me in many hours from now, enjoying a large steaming bowl of Cincinnati Chili at a real Skyline Chili restaurant, and a plus it's raining so it'll almost seem right. [Laurie I was up into the wee hours of this morning, couldn't sleep, went to bed at 2:00]

lefse, you're so lucky to be able to visit so many cool places. i wish i could join you.
i'd have one question, though. how do they get the cheese to look like thinner pasta?
no matter, i'm with pacanis on this one... i'm starving and it looks good.

dw made me chicken parm and skettis last night, which i promptly forgot to take this morning. so lunch is either crappy aramark catering, or maybe a visit to a new thai place.

dinner is the death race home, bath and books, then back to work. maybe i'll have the chicken parm for dinner upon my return.

LEFSE, enjoy some of that chili for me too. It looks and sounds really good! Some day I am going to do a culinary tour of N.A., then the world!

lefse, you're so lucky to be able to visit so many cool places. i wish i could join you.i'd have one question, though. how do they get the cheese to look like thinner pasta?no matter, i'm with pacanis on this one... i'm starving and it looks good.dw made me chicken parm and skettis last night, which i promptly forgot to take this morning. so lunch is either crappy aramark catering, or maybe a visit to a new thai place. dinner is the death race home, bath and books, then back to work. maybe i'll have the chicken parm for dinner upon my return.
I"ll come get you Bucky!:D
I'll watch how the cheese is doled out. I think my memory tells me last time, they got it out of a tupperwa%& type container but I'll pay attention.
Hey Buckster, check pm..........

Heh, heh, heh! ;)

I'm banished from the kitchen! :) Well, kinda sorta - gots cookies to bake, and have some muffins in the oven right now...

BUT!!! Supper is on the Better Half! DH adores cooking like I do and tonight he's doing Buffalo Chile with some really fresh peppers he picked up at the farmers market Thursday...

I love it when he cooks! He even does his dishes... ;)

The Chile will be awesome, it's cold and damp and rainy here (typical, I know...)

LL

I feel like I've been away for two weeks! After visiting my family in Florida I was home one day before I was sent back to Rochester to help at another unit for their alumni weekend.
I missed my bed, my shower and especially my tiny kitchen.

It's a beautiful autumn day here, too!

First course is roasted butternut squash soup with diced pancetta and pear garnish and rum cream.

Second course is chicken breasts stuffed with goat cheese and dried cranberries with a butter port glaze. That will be served with gnocchi and sauteed diced beets with glazed pecans.

I'm making an apple pie for dessert to serve with irish coffee.

Soooooooo..I gotta get into the kitchen now if we're going to eat any of this tonight.

Hope everyone's been well.

We are either going out to the local Italian place tonight or tomorrow... dinner on the other night will be left over soup

I made some pork chops. Pan seared the chops and put them in the oven. Then fried up some onion, celery, red pepper, apple and sage. Added some apple juice and bulgar wheat to thicken the sauce and then I seasoned it. I poured the simmering sauce over the chops and left them to bake. Served with boiled potatoes and peas.

today is hubby's B'day , a friend of his invited us to the moose club for prime rib dinner drinks and a comedy show.

We're having some friends over for dinner, and it's a beautiful 80-degree sunny day made for grilling, so we're making one wine-butt chicken and one beer-butt chicken, to be served with Anaheim chile-plum sauce from Bobby Flay's Mesa Grill cookbook. I'm also making caprese salad with the last of the garden tomatoes and bruschetta with fresh-made pesto. Made a lemon cheesecake yesterday for dessert. Mmm, sounds good! ;)

Salad, lasagna, and garlic bread. Maybe brownies for dessert, if I can hold everyone off long enough to get the batter into the oven!

Oh Buddy, it must be nice to be at home cooking again - and I'm sure your family is grateful as well! I took the easy way out today - put a turkey breast in the crockpot with onion soup mix. We'll have mashed taters and gravy, maybe green beans and a caprese salad when it's done. Sure does smell good, and we'll have turkey sandwiches for days. Very warm here... 90F plus, and humidity to match. Don't want to heat up the kitchen...

Back
Top Bottom