What's for Dinner, Saturday October 6th?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LPBeier

Certified Cake Maniac
Moderator Emeritus
Today is "forget all about my high cholesterol day". We are having strip loin steaks on the grill, with corn on the cob (garlic herb butter), hasselback potatoes a la Taxlady, mushrooms fried in butter and salad with blue cheese dressing! :pig:

What's your menu like today?

I made a curried cottage pie with sweet potato topping and grated cheese on top. It was pretty darn good. Think I'm going in for seconds!

I'm going to put some chicken breasts in the crock pot with a can of soda pop. I saw the idea here. I wish I had root beer, but all that is in the house Is coke. That will do. So, it's BBQ chicken sammies here.

We will either have my take on the country vegetable casserole (http://food.chatelaine.com/Recipes/View/Country_vegetable_casserole) or the some of the beef stew (Weekend Beef Stew | mrfood.com).

The day started cold and raining, so I was in the mood for comfort food. The sun's out now, but the comfort food is still on the menu.

I ended up with one large and one small pan of the casserole, so we have one for today and one for Monday with the turkey. The plan for the stew has been to put it in the freezer for another day.

Last edited:
Something of a sloppy Joe mixture using hot sausage & mushrooms on garlic toasted sub rolls... or over the sub rolls more likely.

Katie H said:
Braised country-style pork ribs, Parmesan polenta, buttered green peas, freshly-baked baguette w/butter, iced tea, and...pineapple upside down cake for dessert.

Oh my gosh this sounds good. Comfort food from start to finish!

Aunt Bea said:
Cold today so I made a pot of soup and some peanut butter cookies!

Oh that reminds me, I have some soup in the freezer to have with dinner. Off to the deep freeze (as Grandma always said)!

I was going to make cumin beef, but when I saw the recipe uses ginger, my reaction was, "w00t! We don't have any ginger. I can't make it. Yay!" That's when I figured out that I really don't feel like cooking today, so Stirling ordered pizza.

A variation of my smoked turkey black bean wild rice soup, with a diced smoked pork chop standing in for the turkey.

Oh, and the lovely brie and multigrain crackers we got last week from Whole Foods!

Last edited:
Red Grouper, red bliss potatoes steamed with sea salt, olive and tarragon, sauteed eggplant, served on bok choy and chard.

SAM_0953.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom