"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu

Old 10-09-2010, 06:07 PM   #11
Executive Chef

One hamburger... but such a hamburger it was!

Fresh, today, chopped sirloin patty, cooked through to a medium demeanor, dressed with an excellent quality sharp cheddar cheese, melted until dripping, and light coating of my personal selection of ketchup, all on a soft but lightly toasted potato bread bun.

Old 10-09-2010, 06:55 PM   #12
Head Chef

I'm very full. Went to a mountain pie party at a friends house. Kids had a ball in the big bouncy house they rented. Made a few savory and one sweet pie.

In case anyone is wondering, since I never knew what a mountain pie party is..........
In a nut shell: Pie Irons make perfect grilled sandwiches and desserts over the campfire. There are different kinds of irons, but here is an example of what one looks like.

Rome Cast Iron Square Pie Iron - Dick's Sporting Goods

Everyone helps bring things and the hosts put on a huge spread of different things to choose from to make the pies. I brought Greyere cheese, ham and eggs. I mixed up some eggs so that people could dip there sandwich into the egg mix and I also brought some maple syrup if people wanted to use that. I had that, a mexican type of sandwich and another sandwich consisting of chocolate chips, peanut butter and mashmellows. SLURP!!!

Old 10-09-2010, 08:49 PM   #13
Master Chef

1/2 a sandwich - Mesquite smoked turkey breast on multigrain bread (this was so moist and tasty, it had sesame seeds, flax seeds, rolled oats and sunflower seeds in it) with mayo and greens instead of plain lettuce served with mixed baby greens salad with toppings and dressed with Good Seasons Zesty Italian dressing (made with apple cider vinegar, Apple oil & Flaxseed oil) and garlic pretzel chips with Alouette garlic & herb cheese spread. I found apple oil in the supermarket and itís pretty good in combo with the apple cider vinegar in the dressing.

Old 10-09-2010, 09:10 PM   #14
Half Baked

I made mashed potatoes patties and eggs for breakfast then got the slow cooker going.

Turkey legs and wings from several free turkeys I got last year.I cooked them in wine, broth and dried shallots.

I also made nishiki rice and pan fried broccoli with spanish onions.

I spent the entire day decorating for Halloween and didn't finish.Tomorrow here I come!

My Flickr stuff!
http://www.flickr.com/photos/e_maxwell_photography/
4meandthem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 10:31 PM   #15
Assistant Cook

Today was like a holiday. We had barbeque and every side that you could ever imagine to go along with it. Great dinner for bringing family together and I must say that it was quite delicious!!
Old 10-09-2010, 10:45 PM   #16
Certified Pretend Chef

We ended up eating out of the freezer. I had a bowl of chili and SO had a bowl of beef barley soup.
Old 10-10-2010, 12:10 AM   #17
Traveling Welcome Wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy M. View Post
We ended up eating out of the freezer. I had a bowl of chili and SO had a bowl of beef barley soup.
I try not to assume too many things (you know what they say!), but I will go out on a limb and assume that you heated it up first. Although, on a hot day, a chili-pop or beef-barley-pop might be interesting!

Barbara
Old 10-10-2010, 02:36 AM   #18
Master Chef

I bbq'd some orange sriracha hot wings this evening.
Old 10-10-2010, 04:07 AM   #19
Head Chef

Curry-Lime Chicken (chicken breasts) with caramelized onions. Brown rice and roasted cauliflower on the side. Dessert a few hours later: Homemade bittersweet chocolate ice cream.
Old 10-10-2010, 07:13 AM   #20
Master Chef

Site Moderator

Spent the morning working on cleaning the house and the afternoon and evening working on organizing the shed.. I was too tired to cook.. so it was burgers, sweet potato chips and fried pickles from Cheeseburger in Paradise for everyone!