What's for Dinner, Saturday Sept. 6

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DaveSoMD

Master Chef
Moderator Emeritus
I'm thinking a Tomato Pie and maybe some fried ham.

A lot will depend on what Hanna does to use here in MD and if we lose power at all today.

What about everyone else?

Waiting for Hanna, which seems to be moving slower than expected...still, I love the idea of a rainy evening.

First course is sauteed collard greens topped with roasted beets and grilled honey'd figs.

Chicken breats with lemon butter sauce and gnocchi with mushrooms, parsley and rum soaked pears.

Vanilla mousse for dessert.

Bourbon sidecars for cocktails and wine is yet to be determined.

waiting to see what this silly storm does ...
but they are saying it will be gone this afternoon ..
if thats the case .. going to grill beef shoulder filets ..
not sure what that is .. but DW bought them a few weeks ago ..
so they are defrosting .. some kind of potato dish to go with it ...

I saw this recipe for a beef texas chili thng on the cover of gourmet which im going to do this week.

tonight is UFC fight night and the Gators vs Canes on ESPN so nothing but snack foods

It is a cool, sunny day so I decided on chicken paprikash with spaetzle and cucumber salad. I hope to bake some ginger cookies in a little while.

another saturday, another double shift. and a storm is coming. :(

but, to steal one from the postal service, neither rain, nor snow, nor heat, nor gloom of night shall stay me from my appointed round as daddy.

it should be interesting driving out then back into the city. through the remnants of hanna.
darn, i shouldn't have taken those life vest out of my truck to save weight.

another saturday, another double shift. and a storm is coming. :(

but, to steal one from the postal service, neither rain, nor snow, nor heat, nor gloom of night shall stay me from my appointed round as daddy.

it should be interesting driving out then back into the city. through the remnants of hanna.
darn, i shouldn't have taken those life vest out of my truck to save weight.

:angel:;)

Waiting for Hanna, which seems to be moving slower than expected...still, I love the idea of a rainy evening.

First course is sauteed collard greens topped with roasted beets and grilled honey'd figs.

Chicken breats with lemon butter sauce and gnocchi with mushrooms, parsley and rum soaked pears.

Vanilla mousse for dessert.

Bourbon sidecars for cocktails and wine is yet to be determined.

Last update I saw said wind only.

I'll hose your windows for some of those greens. :rolleyes:

a pizza pie!

I am going to try to restrain myself and make a cheese pizza, never been able to stop at cheese only. I have two cheeses ready, both from my goats milk, a mozzarella and a chevre. I have worked on the chevre, adding some fresh minced garlic, oregano, salt and a dash of Penzey's Turkish seasoning.

WHAT do you all do with those little bottles Penzey's adds to your orders? They sent some of the Turkish blend last order and I LOVE it.

I have the most wonderfully fresh, small, whole Catfish....Gonna knock one filet off...score the other side...and deep fry in peanut oil....
The usual sides....
Pecan Pie for d-zert!!!

Hanna is here! No outside anything. We are going to go to the local steakhouse for dinner.

Back
Top Bottom