What's For Dinner Saturday, September 25th

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Chicken cutlets dredged in nicely seasoned flour and pan fried in grapeseed oil, lemon pan gravy, steamed acorn squash (mashed with butter, Ideal brown sweetener, sugar free maple syrup & ground cinnamon), mashed Red & Yukon potato (butter & sour cream) and tossed salad.

She said "lemon pan gravy" ...I want!!! Looks fantastic! Ummm, lemon and chicken!

I don't know how she does it. It simply amazes me every day. Perfect fantastic looking plates every time. Msmofet can cook circles around me any day of the week.

I don't know how she does it. It simply amazes me every day. Perfect fantastic looking plates every time. Msmofet can cook circles around me any day of the week.

:wub: Wow thank you for the compliment and kind words. I just cook simple family meals the best I can with the help of my girl (I am teaching her).

That sounds good!! Let us know how it tastes please...
The coconut pecan frosting actually tasted really good with the orange cake. The rest of James's birthday dinner was good too, but the Brussels sprouts were bitter. He also wanted beets, so at least we had a non-bitter vegetable too. :cool: The steaks were worth every penny and more!

:)Barbara

Okay, still no mac and cheese here. Dad was really hungry (a very good thing) and DH was eating at work. So I pulled out the last of the veal cordon bleu I froze a couple of months ago for Dad and I had some taquitos with salsa (trying to stay away from sour cream). We both had peas as a side.

Spinach stuffed ravioli tossed with pesto and parmesan. Mmmmm.

Alix, your dinner sounds yummy. I had tri-tip and zucchni with onions cooked on the grill and bean salad with chipotle vinaigrette. This recipe I got from the Tabasco website. It called for using 3 different kinds of beans, but I decided I wanted to use only pinto beans. I liked the smooth creamy flavor of the pintos. Here is a link to the recipe:

Three Bean Salad with Chipotle Vinaigrette

The only thing I decided to do different with the recipe is add some diced bellpepper and use only 1/4 cup of oil

Alix, your dinner sounds yummy. I had tri-tip and zucchni with onions cooked on the grill and bean salad with chipotle vinaigrette. This recipe I got from the Tabasco website. It called for using 3 different kinds of beans, but I decided I wanted to use only pinto beans. I liked the smooth creamy flavor of the pintos. Here is a link to the recipe:

Three Bean Salad with Chipotle Vinaigrette

The only thing I decided to do different with the recipe is add some diced bellpepper and use only 1/4 cup of oil
Yours sounds good too! I like the Tabasco website. They sell some interesting things there too. One of these days I'm getting a gallon jug!

Yours sounds good too! I like the Tabasco website. They sell some interesting things there too. One of these days I'm getting a gallon jug!

Have you tried any of the Tabasco products other than the original hot sauce? I LOVE the Tabasco mustard, Tabasco ketchup and Tabasco stuffed green olives.

msmofet, I like to add Tabasco to my ketchup. It gives the ketchup a great zippy taste. I have never seen it at the store already added though.
I go to a chef/kitchen store that has most of the Tabasco line of condiments. You can buy them online from the Tabasco web store. I have only tried the mustard (which is great on corned beef and hot dogs), the ketchup (which is fantastic on burgers and fries) I also put BOTH of the mustard and ketchup in my meatloaf which really gives it great flavor!! I also tried the green olives in tomato juice (they are REALLY hot!!).

I haven't tried the Tabasco Mayo.

Have you tried any of the Tabasco products other than the original hot sauce? I LOVE the Tabasco mustard, Tabasco ketchup and Tabasco stuffed green olives.
I think I have only tried original and jalapeño. Possibly a chipotle one. I do want to try some of their other things. :cool:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom