What's For Dinner Saturday, September 25th

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LPBeier

Certified Cake Maniac
Moderator Emeritus
I am hoping to make the mac and cheese that didn't get made yesterday (we had our usual Saturday hot dogs while watching a great football game).

Now I have a little more time to make it interesting, and healthy, for Dad.

What's everyone else having?

Last edited:
Individual meatloafs, Garlic - olive oil roasted mini potatoes - salad - potato rolls

I love mac and cheese!

Last edited:
Just stopping by to say hello -- no cooking for me today. Going to a family BBQ this afternoon.

I'm sure the Yankee/Red Sox game will be on . . . hope the Yankees win tonight;)

Tuesday will be James's birthday, but he won't be here, so tonight will be his birthday dinner. We don't normally get expensive cuts of meat, but I figure it would be much higher at a restaurant, so I am going to get a couple nice steaks (probably ribeye) at the store, and we will have them with mashed potatoes (his choice) and a veggie. Not sure of the vegetable yet, but maybe Brussels sprouts since they are one of his favorites. For dessert, orange cake with pecan frosting (like the kind for German Chocolate Cake--we've never tried it, but that's what he said he wants, lol), and ice cream.

:)Barbara

For dessert, orange cake with pecan frosting (like the kind for German Chocolate Cake--we've never tried it, but that's what he said he wants, lol), and ice cream.

:)Barbara

That sounds good!! Let us know how it tastes please.

I don't know what I am going to have tonight. I went shopping last night and I have meat to brake down and re-rap. So I have lots of choices.

Barbara, make sure you give him a great big early birthday hug for me! You two have a great night.

We're having another couple over for dinner. I did not have full control over the menu but this is what we're serving.

Ceviche and tapenade with garlic pita chips to go with drinks
Tandoori shrimp for an appetizer
Hot and sour soup
Chinese pepper steak and Jasmine rice
Chocolate cake with a chocolate whipped cream frosting
Vanilla ice cream
Wine
Coffee
After dinner drinks

...and for later, Maalox

Here's hoping the Red Sox win tonight.

No surprises here....

Fried Catfish and all of da trimmings...
Chocolate Ice Cream..............

I wonder if Razorbacks make good bacon? ~~~~ Roll Tide!!!!!!!

A Good one in "Death Valley" tonight ~~~ Geaux Tigers!!!!

Looks like summer finally arrived here, as it's 99 degrees out there, and close to the same expected for next week. Everyone is holding their breath since with the heat, the fires often follow. Keeping fingers crossed.

Hubby is going to make his shrimp egg foo young, so he'll be sweating over the griddle instead of me.;) I'll contribute steamed jasmine rice, and a salad.

Here's his really good recipe, if anyone wants it. http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f21/egg-foo-young-64520.html

Last edited:
I'm making a pot pie with a biscuit top from the left over roast chicken. Probably make a green salad to go on the side.

I bought a whole pork loin.
Not sure what I am going to do yet.Probably just grill some chops.Spent all morning doing yardwork.

Asparagas
Beans

For dessert, orange cake with pecan frosting (like the kind for German Chocolate Cake--we've never tried it, but that's what he said he wants, lol):)Barbara

Every year on my baby sister's birthday we HAD to have cherry chip cake with cherry chip icing...arrrrgh!!! Way too sweet!

This year I want a chocolate raspberry something that I don't have to make myself. I'll be checking out the new specialty candy/bake shop downtown.:pig: I'm sure it will be a mistake.:ROFLMAO:

Happy Birthday to James!

Last edited:
We had open face hot roast beef sandwiches, earlier. Thanks to Kayelle, I'm considering some egg foo yung...I think I have all the ingredients. If not, I'll fake it!

Mexican Lasagna for us tonight. This is quick and easy to make. For a more authentic flavor, toast whole cumin seeds lightly in a pan over high heat just before grinding.

Last edited:
Chicken cutlets dredged in nicely seasoned flour and pan fried in grapeseed oil, lemon pan gravy, steamed acorn squash (mashed with butter, Ideal brown sweetener, sugar free maple syrup & ground cinnamon), mashed Red & Yukon potato (butter & sour cream) and tossed salad.

img_922589_0_65686a27f52fc2b81b2733377bee47e6.jpg

Chicken cutlets dredged in nicely seasoned flour and pan fried in grapeseed oil, lemon pan gravy, steamed acorn squash (mashed with butter, Ideal brown sweetener, sugar free maple syrup & ground cinnamon), mashed Red & Yukon potato (butter & sour cream) and tossed salad.

She said "lemon pan gravy" ...I want!!! Looks fantastic! Ummm, lemon and chicken!

Back
Top Bottom