What's for dinner Saturday (Valentine's Day), February 14th?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SierraCook

Master Chef
The local butcher had baby back beef ribs on sale the other day. I have rubbed them down with a spice mixture that a friend gave me called East Texas Cactus Rub and will cook them tonight on the grill. Hopefully, it won't be snowing to much by then. With the ribs I am having coleslaw, cornbread and baked beans.

cactusrub.gif

Not sure here. I was going to make risotto but I've had super busy week at work and I even went into the office this morning. Just now sitting down to make my grocery list. I'm either going to do some kind of risotto or lamb. Chocolate mousse for dessert if I have time.
As long as I've got some red wine, chocolate and my honey, thats all I need.

Oh heck, GOAMK - these special days just don't always go the way we hope they will! Sorry.

Since DH took me out to breakfast, he gets his favorite meal for dinner: pork chops cooked the old fashioned way, braised slowly, with mashed potatoes. Lemon Sour Cream Pound Cake for dessert (also his fave).

I have two very lively 1-1/2 pound lobsters in the fridge, who will be served with melted lemon butter, some shoestring potatoes, & a nice green salad. Preceded by Spanokopita appetizers & followed by cherry pie with vanilla ice cream. Champagne to accompany everything. A good time will be had by all. :)

BreezyCooking,
I have some Lobster tails in the freezer, which I had gooten yesterday. I haver never cooked them before. I don't know what to do with them, now that I have them. Do I thaw them and just put them under the broilerfor a short time ?

I don't cook lobster tails that often, since I prefer the whole animal, so maybe someone else will chime in here with more help than I can provide. First thing that's important is - how large are they? Are they the little, what's normally called, "slipper" lobster tails? Or larger Maine or Rock lobster tails? The larger ones should be thawed before cooking. But here's a great site that has really good info, with pics, to help you out:

Cooking Lobster - Learn How to Cook Lobster & Lobster Tails

Regarding the Lobster tails

Thank you ever so much. The lobster tails are Carribean. They are small. I think 8 ounces. Thank you again!:)

WFD Valentine's Day

steak bites with twice-baked potato casserole
cake (from a box) and home-made sugar cookies for dessert

Thank you ever so much. The lobster tails are Carribean. They are small. I think 8 ounces. Thank you again!:)

Well, 8 ounces is a pretty decent size for a lobster tail - especially a Spiny (aka "Caribbean") lobster tail. The little "slipper" lobster tails (which are usually really langoustines) are really little - 2-4 ounces each.

So I'd just pick whatever preparation from that site appeals to you & go for it. :chef:

DH is working and I was going to cook a really great lunch for him but was not feeling great and a friend came over to help him with the floor (Yay).

I am going out for sushi with two friends - one who's husband is also working and the other is single. Our "date"? My friend's 11 year old son!

I'm working on Beef Stew! I know easy for most of you. But first time for me making it!

Baked salmon fillets rubbed with orange zest,smoked paprika, cinnamon, served with a cucumber horseradish sauce. A three-onion risotto, and sauteed spinach with bacon and garlic.

Valentines Day Supper

Tonight we fixed Grilled Steak, Corn on the Cob and Mussels Steamed in a Curry Cream Sauce.

Just a little sauce left over… Any ideas?

Thanks & Happy Valentines Day!

vday.jpg

I am alone tonight, since Nick is away on course. I saw Spanakopita on the thread and think I might make some greek food for myself... Some Dolmades is what I had in mind. I also have some phyllo so I might attempt spanakopita as well. I will pick up a couple of movies to watch while I roll the vine leaves.

Tonight we fixed Grilled Steak, Corn on the Cob and Mussels Steamed in a Curry Cream Sauce.

Just a little sauce left over… Any ideas?

Thanks & Happy Valentines Day!

Oooh - I'd be pouring that sauce over any nice fresh baked white fish filet available - flounder, sole, cod, tilapia, catfish. . . .

Back
Top Bottom