What's for dinner September 13, 2011?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I made fried chicken livers with mashed and gravy. Some peas on the side.

I used this whole dry-wet-dry thing people have been talking about.. best peas ever... :ROFLMAO:

purple.alien.giraffe said:
Probably sloppy joes. Have hamburger I need to use and house is almost packed so not much left of cooking stuff.

I am having sloppy joes too! I have some of the slider buns to use up, so I guess they will be little sloppy joes. :)

I made up a recipe based on Betty Crocker's Impossible Mac & Cheese Ham pie.

I made quite a few changes, like egg noodles instead of macaroni, cooked the noodles instead of uncooked, added cream of chicken soup, added a bunch of frozen mixed vegetables...

I don't know what I'd call it, but it sure was good!

I made up a recipe based on Betty Crocker's Impossible Mac & Cheese Ham pie.

I made quite a few changes, like egg noodles instead of macaroni, cooked the noodles instead of uncooked, added cream of chicken soup, added a bunch of frozen mixed vegetables...

I don't know what I'd call it, but it sure was good!

Gotta link to that?
Post the results. It sounds really good.

Can't wait for morning!
Homemade Jalapeno Jelly,
Homemade NY water Bagles
39817-albums371-picture2993.jpg

Philly Creamcheese.

Last edited:
I sauteed some onions and Italian sausage with a bit of BBQ sauce and then added milk and the leftover mac-n-cheese from yesterday to go with a smashed "blackened" burger topped with Stilton and a horseradish sauce. Good doesn't even come close;)

I was ambitious today and made marinara to use in an Eggplant Gratin. I have some left over roast beast from Sunday to put along side of it and a salad.

S*** On a Shingle ... Creamed dried beef on toast WITH peas (there are anti-pea people in this world if you can believe it). White gravy made with butter and heavy milk, salty dried beef, buttery toast. Yum yum yum.

Let me tell! Let me tell!

SOS is a nickname for creamed chipped beef on toast. The toast is the "shingle". The creamed chipped beef is the "stuff".

Orzo with sauteed garlic, red bell pepper, herbs, and spices, tossed with goat cheese.

Uncle Bob said:
No...A neighbor did...sometime back. ~~ I caught them while "fishin" in the freezer.:ermm:

When I visit my dad in Michigan (he lives and fishes on a lake), I catch the greatest fish in his freezer too!

Back
Top Bottom