What's for dinner September 13, 2011?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I've got some gumbo thawing. That will be eaten some time today. That's as far as today's menu has gotten.

We had dinner for lunch as dh going out this evening - fried potatoes, bacon, eggs and baked beans with some bread & butter on the side.

Kids will have veg sticks/cheese/ham/cocktail sausages with bread and butter, followed by the jelly me and the boy made yesterday.
If I put a loaf on now there'll be some bread for my dinner and I'll probably have sketti hoops on bread and butter as I didn't plan for dh to be out and so haven't got anything else.

Do you have spaghetti hoops in the US?

We've got the little spaghetti noodles that look like circles that are in like our Campbell's Spaghetti in the can? Is that what your talking about?

We had dinner for lunch as dh going out this evening - fried potatoes, bacon, eggs and baked beans with some bread & butter on the side.

Kids will have veg sticks/cheese/ham/cocktail sausages with bread and butter, followed by the jelly me and the boy made yesterday.
If I put a loaf on now there'll be some bread for my dinner and I'll probably have sketti hoops on bread and butter as I didn't plan for dh to be out and so haven't got anything else.

Do you have spaghetti hoops in the US?

Attachments

• spaghetti-hoops-in-tomato-sauce-thumb5860005.jpg
    spaghetti-hoops-in-tomato-sauce-thumb5860005.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 225
Last edited:
They are called Spaghetti-O's here. I don't recall seeing Heinz Spaghetti Hoops, but they might be available. Spaghetti-O's are the popular ones.

SO is dropping off her car for service and I have to pick her up at the dealer. So, it's leftovers for us. I have some grilled flank steak and dutch oven potatoes leftover. Add a veggie and that's dinner.

Beef re-do tonight. Using the leftover pot roast by adding mushrooms, onions and more gravy. we'll have it over rice with some salad and/or veggies.

I was going to slow cook some Lamb's Breast today and then fridge it overnight to make removing the excess fat easier, but I totally spaced it out until noon, (too late to slow cook it now).

I'll put it into the slow cooker just before I go to bed tonight. That'll make the house smell good when I wake tomorrow!

For tonight? I haven't a clue yet. Thinking....thinking.....

I'll be making Louisiana style Lil Smokies. I finally got around to picking up the pineapple juice for the sauce. The gumbo should go well with that.

DH is teaching tonight so dinner needs to be something I can keep warm for him until he gets home. I'm thinking chicken pot pie. I've got some shredded chicken in the freezer, add some cream of chicken soup, frozen mixed veggies, some spices (sage, poultry seasoning, pepper, garlic, onion powder) and either biscuit top or pie crust top.

We are having taco's and Mexican white rice with mushrooms and onion and garlic. plus a plate with sliced tomatoes and avacados. That's dinner
kades

Sauteed Chicken/Pork Smoked Sausage, Cajun Pork Andouille, Fresh Garlic, White Onions, Bell Pepper, Anaheim Peppers and Jalapeno Peppers with Bush's Black Bean Fiesta, (Black Beans Simmered in a Zesty Chipotle Sauce with Corn and Red Peppers), and Rice.

I'll have the sausage and veggies on hoagie rolls with the beans and rice on the side.

Serious Yum Factor! :pig::pig::pig:

Ima gonna hurt myself.... :LOL:

Back
Top Bottom