What's For Dinner Sinner? 2/12/12

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Haven't thought that far ahead! We're getting ready for church and will probably go out after. Depending on where we go for lunch will determine what gets cooked for supper. I'll check back in later. Yours sounds wonderful though Andy.

I'm going to do something with the left overs from the broccoli mash I cooked yesterday.......http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f18/broccoli-mash-77885.html

I'm thinking of adding some nice strong grated cheddar to the mash, making some breadcrumbs and moulding the mash into little balls, dipping in a little egg and rolling in the breadcrumbs and frying till golden brown......I can almost imagine the sensation of the melted cheese inside as I bite in:) I'll serve these with the other piece of steak just seasoned and fried and some creamy mushroom and tarragon sauce:)

I must start a thread about steaks because I'm intrigued to know what people think about seasoning steak and if plain and simple is best or something else?....oooops I have almost wrote it now!!!!:)

Very Light as we had a big lunch 3pm Madrid Time

We always have a very light bite on Sunday night ... a couple of glasses of Spanish red wine and tapas, however, light ... for example: a platter of cheese and charcuterie, or canapés with sobresada, a Mallorcan sausage spread, a French style omelette, deviled hard boiled eggs stuffed with tuna and / or caldo de Jeréz, which is a consommé with Jeréz brandy served in a mug.

Margi. Cintrano.

Last edited:
It was pretty chilly this morning, and the heat isn't fixed, so I started my crockpot with a chicken thigh and carrots and am thinking it will be a gumbo by the time I'm done with it.

By plugging it in on the floor next to my recliner, it's keeping my feet nice and toasty warm.:LOL:

Margi that all sounds so delicious!!! Now you have got me thinking of good food and sunshine and eating al fresco:) Minus 22 here so that won't be happening for a while:)

@ Jonny: Spanish Tapas

Firstly, it is Zero degrees centig here ( 32 farenheit ) and very sunny and arid however, it is still light here ... there is a sharp unpleasant wind.

Yes, we enjoy tapas and a couple of wines at the local bar across the street.

I had cooked lunch and thus, I have alot of editing to do ... so off we are to the bar for a light bite at 20.30 hours.

If you like tapas, do see Ethnic Section and check out the recipes I posted for Spanish Omelette, Spicy Potatoes and a few others.

Have a nice Sunday and thanx for the message.
Margi. C.

Everyone around here is on a no carb, sugar diet, but me.
So I'll make them Quiche and a salad.

I'm sneaking a cupcake that's been baked by the DEBWUUULLL!! to my room. I'm a Heathen. Lovin' every minute of it :LOL:

Tonight , I'm baking Ciabatta bread for garlic toast. Grilled NY strip steaks with roasted asparagus in olive oil , garlic and balasamic vinegar , And dutchess potatoes.

Big slab of prime rib, crab legs and whatever sides come with it. I'll likely also have a big glass of wine and some caesar salad. Dessert will be birthday cake made by the loving hands of my daughter. Oatmeal spice cake with brown sugar fudge icing. YUM!

Chicken or beef broth for me - depends on which I have for lunch! :wacko:

DH is being nice to me since I can't eat he is meeting his brother for Wing night at a local restaurant. That way he isn't eating in front of me.

Just have to get through until tomorrow morning and then DH is taking me to any place of my choosing for a nice big brunch/breakfast!:)

Very cold out. But I'm not complaining, a very mild I'm making pork schnitzels of some kind and potato pancakes. Experimenting because I'm going to make them on my griddler. The potatoes, that is.

It's a perfectly gorgeous sunny noontime and 70 degrees here in my part of California. :cool:

I'm excited as Steve is flying home from Flordia. He'll be at the door at dinner time, and I'm tempted to greet him wrapped in plastic wrap. :rolleyes: Those of you who remember that book will get it. :LOL::ROFLMAO:

I'm preparing one of his favorite meals.....pot roast. :chef:

Last edited:
It's a perfectly gorgeous sunny noontime and 70 degrees here in my part of California. :cool:

I'm excited as Steve is flying home from Flordia. He'll be at the door at dinner time, and I'm tempted to greet him wrapped in plastic wrap. :rolleyes: Those of you who will remember that book will get it. :LOL::ROFLMAO:

I'm preparing one of his favorite meals.....pot roast. :chef:

I really do not have that much plastic wrap...and I have a commercial roll from Costco...:ROFLMAO::LOL:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom