What's for dinner Sun 10/23???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pacanis

Chef Extraordinaire
We got such a late start on the daily dinner thread yesterday, today's will make up for it ;)

Today for dinner, Pacanis' Personal Pigskin Challenge, my team is playing Seattle.
Ahh, Seattle... land of software, coffee, grunge, smarmy teen vampire movies and FISH! Most notably salmon and crab, so today it's wild caught (by someone else) salmon for dinner. To kick it up a notch, Seattle is also apparently known for their Vietnamese food, so it will be a salmon rice dish with a ginger lime sauce.

Anyone else have their dinner plans decided yet? I know, too early! :LOL:

We'll be having a sirloin tip roast rubbed with an herb rub. Not sure if I'll go baked potato, or some other form of starch. Salad to go with.

I stripped the braised pork shoulder off the bone, and returned the bone and skin to the pot. Lots of meat left there. I'll simmer that for an hour or two, then remove the bone and fat, add a chopped onion, garlic and half a pound of dried 15 beans.

I sliced one package across the grain and will use that for pork tacos/burritos - I got three big (quart) baggies.

I may just let the beans marinate in the fridge overnight and make the tacos. I think pork will be a nice change.

Not sure what I'll make yet. Thinking maybe spaghetti. The other choice is hot dogs. I'll probably let the guys decide which they want.

I decided to go with a spicy Chinese cucumber salad to accompany the fish. I just finished slicing up the cukes and salting them to draw the moisture out.
What a pathetic football day. I have to watch my own team play the early game...

I decided to go with a spicy Chinese cucumber salad to accompany the fish. I just finished slicing up the cukes and salting them to draw the moisture out.
What a pathetic football day. I have to watch my own team play the early game...

...but they won!!

I made myself a couple of wrap sandwiches using tortillas for brunch. I was so hungry, and I think i overdid it. My eyes were bigger than my stomach. I'm not hungry at all right now. Mark is out, and I have no idea
what time he's coming home. I don't feel like making two dinners, so he is on his own tonight. If I have something, it will be a lot later.

...but they won!!

Andy, when the game became close to going into overtime, I was ready to walk into the lake. I think the Vikes gained more yardage on their first play from scrimmage than the Browns or Seahawks did total :LOL:
But yes, we did win!

To celebrate the All Blacks winning the World Cup, and also one of the hottest days of the year (!!!) here on the coast, we are BBQing a chicken under a brick with roast beets and brussel sprouts. (beets and sprouts are what we grow here!).

Brining the chicken now in all sorts of goodies, with the removed backbone and giblets stashed for future stock.

YUM!

To celebrate the All Blacks winning the World Cup, and also one of the hottest days of the year (!!!) here on the coast, we are BBQing a chicken under a brick with roast beets and brussel sprouts. (beets and sprouts are what we grow here!).

Brining the chicken now in all sorts of goodies, with the removed backbone and giblets stashed for future stock.

YUM!

I'd love to see a picture of that when it's done. Or better yet, on the grill! :chef:

Canadian Split Pea soup--not sure if I need anything else with that...We made the sweet potato-ricotta gnocchi last night-served those with mushrooms sauteed in EVOO and some Milotti sherry. Quite tasty. Those we didn't boil went in the freezer for another time. I want to try a savory maple syrup sauce on them next time.

Boneless Pork loin chop pan fried in bacon fat, micro steamed fresh broccoli crowns, mashed taters and gravy.

img_1061891_0_c5a9577dbb4d7abc0cfed34d7b6855e5.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom