What's for dinner Sun. 11-28?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

babetoo

Chef Extraordinaire
i am having leftover game hen and hopefully the last of the stuffing from thanksgiving. last night i had leftover scalloped pineapple and whole cranberry sauce. the pineapple dish was just a bit dried out. i mixed the two and it was just wonderful. gonna do some kind of green veggie.

what is on your table, tonight? :chef:

butternut squash soup and turkey sandwiches (whole grain bread, lettuce mayo s & p and a pinch of tarragon:)

Yesterday I made Turkey Broth. Today I made about 1 1/2 to 2 quarts of Turkey Vegetable/Rice Soup. I will have either a Turkey Sandwich or salad with it.
I froze the rest in 2 cup portions for later use.

Split pea soup and salad!

That's what I had. Cheated and spiced up a can of Anderson's Split Pea.
Chopped up some turkey breasts added mayo salt & pepper. Spread additional mayo on some sliced sourdough bread. Grilled it on my panini
maker.

Hit the spot! :)

Munky.

Thanksgiving turkey was way dry at my BILs house while he and his wife fought and we waited for not only guests but cocktails as well.

I re-made dinner the next day to get some satisfaction.

Tonight I took the leftover turkey and put it in a herb beshamel with corn,spinach,ham,and mushrooms. i then made enchiladas with the mixture and covered it with red enchilada sauce and cheese.

The filling tastes awesome.We'll see what the finished does.

That's what I had. Cheated and spiced up a can of Anderson's Split Pea.
Chopped up some turkey breasts added mayo salt & pepper. Spread additional mayo on some sliced sourdough bread. Grilled it on my panini
maker.

Hit the spot! :)

Munky.

Yep, same here, but I thinking bacon. I've got some pizza dough left so I'll use that to make garlic bread.

Cakes on the Griddle......
Life ain't nothing but a funny, funny riddle.......

Great, now John Denver is stuck in my head! :)
I LOVE JD!! I met him a year before he passed. I was working at a deli across from a small airport he liked to land at. He came in for batteries for his beeper and no one reconized him but me!! I got his autogragh and sold him his batteries which made us both happy!!

Boboli Pre-cooked Whole Wheat thin Italian Pizza Crust topped with EVOO, Fresh grated Parmesan & Romano cheese, mozzarella, fresh herbs (basil, oregano & parsley), fresh slivered garlic & onion, garlic & herb sautéed mushrooms ( the last from Thanksgiving), pepperoni, sea salt, ground peppercorns, ground red pepper flakes, ground thyme & rosemary. Topped pizza was baked in a 500°F oven for 10 minutes on a pizza stone.

img_942759_0_876d3e61c9b8cd30860c5598c58f9233.jpg

Last edited:
I have never made pizza. The DH has some pizza pans that haven't been used in at least 15 years. You guys are inspiring me to give it a try.

Thank you Babe and TL!! The best part was that it WASN'T TURKEY!! It was my first time using the Boboli pre-cooked crust and tasted really good.

Back
Top Bottom