"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu

Old 01-25-2010, 12:59 AM   #31
Master Chef

Griddled a couple boneless chicken breasts on my Cuisinart, then grilled sammies. DH had provolone cheese, I did Fontina again...added prosciutto, lettuce and tomato (at least that's what its sticker said). Chips (for a veggie) and pickle and our tummies were happy.

Unfortunately, that was the very last Great Lakes Dortmunder Gold. Time for a pilgrimage to Cleveland.

Old 01-25-2010, 02:21 AM   #32
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooking Goddess View Post
Griddled a couple boneless chicken breasts on my Cuisinart, then grilled sammies. DH had provolone cheese, I did Fontina again...added prosciutto, lettuce and tomato (at least that's what its sticker said). Chips (for a veggie) and pickle and our tummies were happy.

Unfortunately, that was the very last Great Lakes Dortmunder Gold. Time for a pilgrimage to Cleveland.
Do you have The Griddler? I know a couple of people that have one and love it! I'm thinking about getting one.

Your dinner looks delish, by the way!

Old 01-25-2010, 02:23 AM   #33
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alix View Post
Here's the cake, and the goofball trying to eat it.
That cake looks so good..... so does the shot of her with her nose almost in it! I would not have maintained self-control!
Old 01-25-2010, 02:28 AM   #34
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanilla Bean View Post
Happy Birthday to your DD!

I'm making chicken-noodle soup to go along side the BLT's. I wanted to make tomato soup, but I think that is too much tomato with the BLT.
Here was dinner.

Old 01-25-2010, 02:33 AM   #35
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by msmofet View Post
Franks and beans - sauted bacon, onions and hot dogs (cut into bite sized pieces). B & M baked beans added to pot along with my homemade BBQ sauce and rub.

I love the first shot! I wish I could make something like that. I can, but it would be just me eating it. I'm getting hungry again... lol
Old 01-25-2010, 02:35 AM   #36
Master Chef

Gee, V-Bean, we could have swapped halves of sammies and had a mini buffet! Yours looks yummy, too. Glad you liked the pic; it was my first attempt (DH helped a LOT!)

And I do have the Griddler. DH got it for me a couple of Christmases ago...after I circled the pic in the BedBathandBeyond flyer, handed him a 20% off coupon, and gave him enough gift cards we got for our Discover cash back rewards to buy it. Just a little hint. I use it a lot, especially for chicken and boneless pork chops. Makes great paninis, too.
Old 01-25-2010, 03:30 PM   #37
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alix View Post
Do you have ANY idea the self control it took not to smush her face into the cake???? LOLOLOL!!!
ROTFLMAO!! I am proud of you Alix!!
Old 01-25-2010, 03:31 PM   #38
Master Chef

Quote:
Here was dinner.

BEAUTIFUL YOU TWO!! got me wanting BLT'S!! great pics.
Old 01-25-2010, 03:33 PM   #39
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooking Goddess View Post

yummy!! great pics!!
Old 01-25-2010, 03:34 PM   #40
Master Chef

Quote:
I love the first shot! I wish I could make something like that. I can, but it would be just me eating it. I'm getting hungry again... lol
thank you vb!! you two really got me wanting a BLT!! and all i have is B!!