What's for dinner Sun. Jan. 24th?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LadyCook61

Master Chef
I plan on Smoked Paprika roasted chicken, garlic mashed potatoes, string beans. Crusty bread with smoked paprika butter. Not fancy but tasty. ;)

I'm making a pork roast here. Yesterday the market had a really nice bone-in center cut pork roast that was just too good to pass up. (and on sale too!!)

Going to slow-roast it with potatoes and carrots. Nothing planned for dessert though. Still have gingersnap ice cream in the freezer, so maybe that.

I thawed some fresh caught Canadian salmon and will make salmon pattys, with a side of left over sweet and spicy glazed chicken, onions, garlic, broccoli and brown rice stir fry.

We changed churches a couple months ago and will be going to our new church's membership class this evening. They are serving a light supper. So, I have no idea what we will be having. :mrgreen:

:)Barbara

Since our house is being rewired (at least the oldest part) I took the easy way out today. Fried chicken from Publix, roasted asparagus, garlic mashed potatoes, marble rye bread and chocolate cream pie.

Youngest daughter's birthday today and the request was gnocchi. I'll make a white sauce and a tomato sauce to go with this. Salad will be spinach and great big slabs of birthday cake for dessert. White velvet for the bottom layer and super chocolate for the top layer. I think she wants chocolate frosting and some fruit too.

Happy Birthday to your DD!

I'm making chicken-noodle soup to go along side the BLT's. I wanted to make tomato soup, but I think that is too much tomato with the BLT.

Youngest daughter's birthday today and the request was gnocchi. I'll make a white sauce and a tomato sauce to go with this. Salad will be spinach and great big slabs of birthday cake for dessert. White velvet for the bottom layer and super chocolate for the top layer. I think she wants chocolate frosting and some fruit too.
Happy Birthday to your DD!!

Franks and beans - sauted bacon, onions and hot dogs (cut into bite sized pieces). B & M baked beans added to pot along with my homemade BBQ sauce and rub.

img_873416_0_98459b07623c7c688ae160da3d36a52f.jpg

img_873416_1_ff0d3814f7bb9a94a129fb3ff26d1f92.jpg

Happy Birthday to your daughter. That cake sounds wonderful!!

Thanks all! I'll pass on the birthday wishes and I'll try to remember to take a picture of the cake to post.

I am making my first attempt at making Chicken Marsala. It has been on my list of recipes to try for a long time. I am putting the Marsala over fettuccine noodles. I have not decided what I am having for sides, yet. Maybe Brussels sprouts and a green salad.

We're having pan seared salmon, salad, and "pink stuff" for dessert. DH will probably also have some of the chocolate he has stashed by his computer.

I have Beef Barley Stew in my mini slow cooker for the next few days. 'Thinking of putting that over egg noodles to take to work.
Tonight I didn't feel like "cooking", so I had a large Sweet Potato and a small bowl of Three Bean Salad. At least I got my veggies and protein.

We had pork tenderloin which i browned then wrapped in bacon and finished off in the oven with sliced golden delicious apples,butter, brown sugar and apple cider, mashed potatoes, green beans with more bacon and garlic,
sliced romaine with diced cucumber,mangos,and a dressing of Meyer lemon juice,evoo,Dijon,and lavender honey.Dessert Strawberries shortcake.
kadesma

Back
Top Bottom