What's for dinner? Sunday 10-26-14

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cheryl J

Chef Extraordinaire
Chili and jalapeno corn bread. :yum:

I made the chili late yesterday afternoon, but have been patiently waiting for later this afternoon to enjoy it. Haven't made it since winter, and it's getting to be that time of year. :)

What's on everyone's menu for this evening? :chef:

Chicken and dumplings tonight...
I do my chicken and dumplings a bit differently. It evolved from trying to make everybody happy. Some liked potatoes and gravy, some didn't like dumplings, some liked chicken on the bone with crispy skin.......gf said she never had both potatoes and dumplings.......here.... just eat!!:LOL:
TRKtAxG.jpg

Chili and jalapeno corn bread. :yum:

I made the chili late yesterday afternoon, but have been patiently waiting for later this afternoon to enjoy it. Haven't made it since winter, and it's getting to be that time of year. :)

I like lots of veggies in my chili. :)

img_1395228_0_f3ac33e78b55ed93fa2bcc9eb06565b1.jpg

Last edited:
I couldn't decide between fried chicken and chicken and dumplings.....I guess I should have done what Rock did. Looks great Rock! I went with the fried chicken, mashed potatoes and gravy and broccoli cauliflower casserole. Just about to eat it now :)

Sent from my iPhone using Discuss Cooking

Beautiful pics, Rock and Cheryl! You have a lucky GF Rock!

I brined a couple of beautiful thick loin pork chops, complete with the tenderloin (my favorite). It just never ceases to amaze me what a brine does for pork chops. Anyway, I seasoned them with Herbs de Provence and garlic and pan grilled them.

We also had spinach salads and a sides of pesto tortellini and a cream sauce with pancetta and baby peas.

Beautiful pics, Rock and Cheryl! You have a lucky GF Rock!

I brined a couple of beautiful thick loin pork chops, complete with the tenderloin (my favorite). It just never ceases to amaze me what a brine does for pork chops. Anyway, I seasoned them with Herbs de Provence and garlic and pan grilled them.

We also had spinach salads and a sides of pesto tortellini and a cream sauce with pancetta and baby peas.
The herbs de Provence really came from there. We bought a neat herb grinder at the Farmer's Market in Nice.

We've both been down with the flu this weekend and so not much food happening. Mostly toast and fluids - orange juice, ginger ale and hot lemon with honey :(

We've both been down with the flu this weekend and so not much food happening. Mostly toast and fluids - orange juice, ginger ale and hot lemon with honey :(

Oh no, yuck! Feel better soon, LP and TB!

We've both been down with the flu this weekend and so not much food happening...
Hope you get that bug flushed out of your system quickly. Get better soon.

I did a pot of beans and greens: kale softened in the bacon fat from one slice, along with the bits of bacon, cannelloni beans, and the remaining remnant of ham from last week's ham steak with green beans. Himself was still a bit hungry, so he picked at the last bit of turkey breast and finished up the veggies that were roasted with it. Tomorrow i start making new leftovers. ;)

Attachments

• 2014-10-26 21.05.37.jpg
    2014-10-26 21.05.37.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 164
really good looking dinners tonight. and for those that are sick, i totally sympathize.

rock's picture didn't resize, so i got a giant, bigger than life look at the chicken, mashed, and dumplings. and gravy. oh, the gravy. :yum:

i had a salad and plain pizza topped with raw onions and pickled jalapenos after cooking, and iced crack tea. (diet peach snapple - i'm addicted to it.)

I do my chicken and dumplings a bit differently. It evolved from trying to make everybody happy. Some liked potatoes and gravy, some didn't like dumplings, some liked chicken on the bone with crispy skin.......gf said she never had both potatoes and dumplings.......here.... just eat!!:LOL:
TRKtAxG.jpg

Potatoes and dumplings and corn, oh my! ;) Looks scrumptious!

We went to Teachers Appreciation Night at the theater and had dinner at California Pizza Kitchen with four other couples beforehand. I had a California Cobb salad with Dijon balsamic vinaigrette and DH had a white pizza. The play was very good and the company were a fun group. Nice evening.

Back
Top Bottom