"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu
Old 06-10-2007, 09:59 AM   #1
What's for Dinner - Sunday 10th June

Been cooking some beef in red wine for 4 hours now. Only another 4 to go.

One potted the beef with some potatoes, shallots and carrots.

Regallion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 10:47 AM   #2
Master Chef
That sounds good, Regallion! Here, I'll be grilling balsamic-rosemary chicken breasts and a variety of vegetables. I'm making more than enough so we have extras for salads and sandwiches throughout the week.

-A balanced diet is a cookie in each hand
PA Baker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 11:11 AM   #3
Head Chef
Send a message via MSN to Caine
I am trying to decide which labor saving device I want to drag out, 12 inch frying pan, electric griddle, or the good ol' George Foreman, to make myself a really good breakfast/brunch because I am hitting the outlet mall with a vengence today. Because of that, I don't plan on making a big production out of supper. I took out a couple of chicken breasts to thaw, so I will toss them on the barbeque grill, where I will annoint them with some kind of Asian inspired sauce to make a big Chinese Chicken salad, and I have some egg rolls at the front of the freezer, just in case I am inclined to drag out the deep frier.
Caine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 11:31 AM   #4
Head Chef
I'm cooking up a nice pork roast for my DH and me. I'll sear it first and than cook it in the oven on top of finely chopped carrots, celery, and onions which will end up being used in the end with the gravy.

I'll be serving peas with prosciutto and mashed potatoes. The peas and proscuitoo is from Gida De Laurentiis "Food Network" and will be trying that for the first time.
My Blog
legend_018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 11:54 AM   #5
>> peas and prosciutto
This is a very nice combination and one I do often. I actually use cubetti de pancetta (google it ) and some fried shallots with the peas. It's a winner!
Regallion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 11:55 AM   #6
Assistant Cook
Send a message via AIM to doe1260
In addition to the crockpot "mess" going (see post in Introductions...), DH grilled a lovely rib roast, asparagus and fresh corn ... all outside... YUMMY. (And very little mess to clean up!)
doe1260 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 12:02 PM   #7
Executive Chef
Send a message via MSN to YT2095
well it WAS gunna be marinaded cubed chicken breast done in the oven, but I decided I`m gunna BBQ it instead and do some flat breads on there too, so as not to waste the residual heat, this`ll be served with a Ranch Salad.
So long and Thanks for all the Fish ;)

YT2095 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 12:08 PM   #8
Executive Chef
pork chops that were dredged in flour, s&p, garlic powder and mustard, then browned and put in the crock pot with a sliced onion and a jar of canned potatoes. Not quite sure what to expect? Especially since I now think the chops were smoked.
And a side of cooked spinach, haven't tried that dish yet this season!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. Margaret Mead
bethzaring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 12:14 PM   #9
Chef Extraordinaire
The usual crew plus 2 will be here today so it will be 3 beer can chickens instead of 2..I know, I know, but you've never seen my son,DH and 2 sons in law eat plus my daughters and the 4 little nippers will be here as well..
So, it's 3 beer can chickens two done from Katie E.' s peach nectar idea and one with beer for something different. We are having a few salads one will be baby green beans,baby yukon golds and par boiled then the potatoes cut in half, toss the potatoes with the beans, add some sliced red onion rings, a small hand full of fresh chopped Italian parsley, salt,pepper and then dress with evoo and red wine vinegar, also a black bean,grilled corn,onion,red bell, cumin,salt,pepper,lime juice cider vinegar,evoo and a diced up long green italian pepper and some cilantro,Thanks PytnPlace A cucumber salad for the son in law who loves them and for ME sliced up 2 cucumbers, then just dressed with a mix ofrice vinegar, lime juice,sugar salt red pepper flakes and some torn mint leaves. Some white rice cooked in chicken stock with sauteed onions and garlic, our usual platter of watermelon, berries,tuscan melon,cherries..dessert just homemade vanilla ice cream with a saute of bananas in butter and brown sugar over the top..that's it.

HEAVEN is Cade, Ethan,Carson, and Olivia,Alyssa,Gianna
kadesma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 12:30 PM   #10
We're having roast chicken dinner here tonight. i'll do oven roasted potatoes to go with and steam some veggie (asparagus maybe?) and do a big salad too. Then I'm off to work for the evening.

You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it. Robin Williams
Alix is offline   Reply With Quote