What's for dinner? Sunday 11-9-14

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cheryl J

Chef Extraordinaire
I'm still working on that Costco rotisserie chicken. :yum: I'll be having a leg and thigh from that, and steamed asparagus on the side. Maybe some garlic bread, too.

What's on everyone's plate for this evening? :chef:

Tuna casserole. And a bit of leftover Halloween candy.

We had roast chicken stuffed with fresh rosemary and garlic, steamed cauliflower, buttered Italian green beans (canned from this summer's garden), iced tea and peach pie.

We also had the pleasure of Glenn's son, Kenneth, along with his little one, Kamden. It was nice having lots of people around the table.

I'm still working on that Costco rotisserie chicken. :yum: I'll be having a leg and thigh from that, and steamed asparagus on the side. Maybe some garlic bread, too.

What's on everyone's plate for this evening? :chef:

Cheryl, when you tire of your rotisserie chicken, use the leftovers for this from Powerplant. It's the best EVER!

http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f15/quick-and-easy-chicken-tortilla-soup-recipe-83828.html

Tonight we're having Steak and Ale Pies from Trader Joe's and a glorified green salad.

I baked some boneless, skinless chicken breasts with BBQ sauce. Then made green bean casserole but used golden mushroom soup instead of cream of mushroom.

018.JPG

Paniolo (that's Hawaiian for Cowboy) Chili
served over steamed white rice
DH likes chopped raw onion and shredded 'fiesta blend' cheese atop
Diamond Bakery Soda Crackers on the side
The secret?
Linguiça or Hawaiian Portuguese Sausage (yes there is a difference)

portuguese sausage.jpg

:yum:
I'll post the recipe later in Ethnic Foods... Sunday night Football is on!
GO BEARS!!

Bangers and mash for tonight. Baked brats and mashed potato's using cream cheese, grainy mustard, butter and half and half. Not health food but the best way of making mashed potato's ever!

I had a cooking marathon yesterday using the crockpot, the pressure cooker and the dutch oven in a low and slow oven. I put up some beef stew, baked chicken breasts in a soup/ gravy mix, and a beef pot roast with luau leaf in the freezer. The rest of this week should be easy, peasy.

I had a late lunch of Friday's sweet and sour meatballs, so I made green salads and baked store-bought ciabatta loaf for dinner. I also heated up a cup of the split-pea soup for DH that I made last week.

It felt like a soup day so I made a big turkey noodle soup. It also felt like a lazy day and soup was easy ?

Sent from my iPhone using Discuss Cooking

Pulled pork on cheese buns, baked beans and mimosa salad. Dessert was lemon poppyseed cake and magic cookie bars. I'm STILL full!

After giving a quart of black bean and smoked pork shoulder soup to my SIL in exchange for picking up our mail, Himself and I finished up the rest of said soup. Made a small pan of corned bread as a side. :yum: Sure did hit the spot.

Back
Top Bottom