"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu

Old 07-17-2011, 06:03 PM   #41
Chef Extraordinaire

We are having a quiet Ma's Sunday today. Just my two boys.DH and myself. But the meal is shaping up, Have another foccacia in the works, we will also have pork tenderloin wrapped in bacon and set on a bed of apples,carrots,little red potatoes, onion chunks, cut up hot peppers, cubed rutabegas, green salad with anchovies,tomatoes,avocados,home grown peppers and cucumbers crutons and zucchini with sauteed onions and garlic browned then covered with eggs til set and grilled artichokes dressed with evoo,chopped garlic,white balsamic and lemon juice.home made vanilla ice cream to use for root beer floats our dessert
Thant's it for Ma's Sunday
kades

Old 07-17-2011, 06:08 PM   #42
Chef Extraordinaire

I can fiinally assemble my salad--DH came out from the City and picked up the Kitty. She's going to the best place possible (1-the pound, not good, 2-the farm-also not good--nothing to feed her, or 3-Kitten rescue that has a nursing mother cat and when she's ready, placed in a screened home). If I were her, I'd pick door #3. Now to make my salad.

Old 07-17-2011, 06:12 PM   #43
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWS4322
I can fiinally assemble my salad--DH came out from the City and picked up the Kitty. She's going to the best place possible (1-the pound, not good, 2-the farm-also not good--nothing to feed her, or 3-Kitten rescue that has a nursing mother cat and when she's ready, placed in a screened home). If I were her, I'd pick door #3. Now to make my salad.
Yay! Ya done good, CWS!
Old 07-17-2011, 06:17 PM   #44
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snip 13 View Post
And "The early bird catches the worm..lol!"
But the second mouse gets the cheese.
Old 07-17-2011, 06:25 PM   #45
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWS4322 View Post
Sir Lion of Beef--HELP. I have a young kitten I picked up roadside this morning--I can't get it to kitten rescue until this evening. The poor thing fits in the palm of my hand, eyes are open, but not "lapping" (I offered it water). I have syringes, but I don't want to asperate (sp) it. Is there anything I can give it--cooked egg white? It's crying! If I dampen a washcloth, will it suck on that?
You should be able to give the kitten water with an eyedropper if it won't drink on it's own, and you can buy KMR (kitten formula) and nursing bottles at any pet store, but that's quite an investment if you aren't planning on raising that kitten. KMR is expensive. Of course you could go buy all that stuff, give it to the rescue group when you give them the kitten, and take it as a tax deduction.

Snip is right about stimulating the kitten after eating, but we usually use a small towel or washcloth or even a paper towel or wet wipe.
Old 07-17-2011, 06:43 PM   #46
Chef Extraordinaire

I researched a bit--you can give puppy esabiliac (sp) to kittens, but not KMR to puppies. I gave her/him about 10 ml of that with the syringe--it suckled the syringe and I was very slow about pushing the plunger--1-1000-2-1000...10-1000 slight push, and about 4 of water with the syringe. I also stimulated it using a washcloth. I have fed neonate squirrels. Then the DH came and took her (in his shirt pocket) to kitten rescue in the City. We don't have a pet store/vet clinic open on Sundays in this area. If we did, I'd have gone in for the supplies and kept her/him until I have to go back to the City. But, if I'd kept it any longer, I'd have been tempted to keep it forever. Instead, we're sponsoring its care in rescue.

Thanks! I did my good deed for the day. Awfully cute--most likely will be light/dark grey striped--and is partial polydactal <sp>.
Old 07-17-2011, 06:59 PM   #47
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWS4322 View Post
I researched a bit--you can give puppy esabiliac (sp) to kittens, but not KMR to puppies. I gave her/him about 10 ml of that with the syringe--it suckled the syringe and I was very slow about pushing the plunger--1-1000-2-1000...10-1000 slight push, and about 4 of water with the syringe. I also stimulated it using a washcloth. I have fed neonate squirrels. Then the DH came and took her (in his shirt pocket) to kitten rescue in the City. We don't have a pet store/vet clinic open on Sundays in this area. If we did, I'd have gone in for the supplies and kept her/him until I have to go back to the City. But, if I'd kept it any longer, I'd have been tempted to keep it forever. Instead, we're sponsoring its care in rescue.

Thanks! I did my good deed for the day. Awfully cute--most likely will be light/dark grey striped--and is partial polydactal <sp>.
Glad to hear you have respect for other creatures. Cat's and dogs are fine but squirrels, rabbits, deer, geese, quail ... are generally more docile (except when it comes to the mating game).
Old 07-17-2011, 07:04 PM   #48
Executive Chef

Grilled chicken quarters glazed with a reduced marinade and a honey lemon sauce with cole slaw and a leafy greens & tomato salad with a blue cheese dressing.
Old 07-17-2011, 07:08 PM   #49
Master Chef

spagetti with meatballs and french rolls
Old 07-17-2011, 07:26 PM   #50
Chef Extraordinaire

The appetizer has been eaten. I should have roasted the second bone, too... but it is just an appetizer...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Marrow roasted.JPG
Views:	87
Size:	193.0 KB
ID:	11521  

Tags
dinner