What's for Dinner? (Sunday 17th of July)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I may attempt the moink balls today. Got lots of leftovers that can go with. If I don't do them today, I'll have to wait a few days to do them.

I am going with a rib eye steak on the barbie, twice baked potato, and I am going to make some of my famous Sufferin' Succotash on the side burner to go with it. Dessert will be a single serving Noo Yawk cheesecake with strawberries, and the beverage of choice will be a 2007 Vega Moragona Vinas Viejas Tempranillo

I just picked up some potato salad at the store for my sandwiches tonight and couldn't walk by the frozen section without noticing the fantastic looking beef bones they had... so I just may make some roasted marrow bones today, too. If not today, tomorrow, but I'm thinking today.

I just picked up some potato salad at the store for my sandwiches tonight and couldn't walk by the frozen section without noticing the fantastic looking beef bones they had... so I just may make some roasted marrow bones today, too. If not today, tomorrow, but I'm thinking today.

OOOOOOOOOH! YUM YUM, Marrow on toast!

You bet! That's why I'm thinking today. I haven't had this in about a year.
I might just toss them on the grill in a pan.

I just load a whole oven tray with them, season with aromat and blackpepper, grill in a hot oven and make loads of white toast and we eat them for dinner...lol! Cholesterol madness :P

I brown the bones and then put them in a roaster with about 1/2 of the roaster filled with water and about 1 c red wine. Fresh bay leaf, onion, garlic, carrots, celery, ground pepper, sea salt and put that in the oven, uncovered, at 250 overnight. The marrow is great, the stock is fabulous. And, I love the smell of the bones slowly browning in the oven overnight...it wakes me up!

I brown the bones and then put them in a roaster with about 1/2 of the roaster filled with water and about 1 c red wine. Fresh bay leaf, onion, garlic, carrots, celery, ground pepper, sea salt and put that in the oven, uncovered, at 250 overnight. The marrow is great, the stock is fabulous. And, I love the smell of the bones slowly browning in the oven overnight...it wakes me up!

I can't wait that gosh darn long! I'll never sleep..lol! We buy them with a bit of meat and fat still on and nibble on the crispy bits after eating the marrow :)
They used to be cheap, now that they've become popular they're quite expensive! We get filler steaks for P40 per kg since the locals don't really buy it because it doesn't have bones in. Always pack a cooler full when going to SA for family :)

Sir Lion of Beef--HELP. I have a young kitten I picked up roadside this morning--I can't get it to kitten rescue until this evening. The poor thing fits in the palm of my hand, eyes are open, but not "lapping" (I offered it water). I have syringes, but I don't want to asperate (sp) it. Is there anything I can give it--cooked egg white? It's crying! If I dampen a washcloth, will it suck on that?

Sir Lion of Beef--HELP. I have a young kitten I picked up roadside this morning--I can't get it to kitten rescue until this evening. The poor thing fits in the palm of my hand, eyes are open, but not "lapping" (I offered it water). I have syringes, but I don't want to asperate (sp) it. Is there anything I can give it--cooked egg white? It's crying! If I dampen a washcloth, will it suck on that?

I raised my kitten from birth :)

Use the syringe to feed it a bit of thin pronutro if you have or strained oatmeal and get kitty formula by the vet when you can.
Kittens can't stimulate there own bowels so after each meal take a cotton wool ball with a bit of olive oil and wipe it's bum till it poops. (Like a cat will lick their kitties bums)
Put it in a box with a blanky and a clock to make the kitty think it's hearing the moms heartbeat.

Last edited:
crock-pot country style pork ribs. poured sweet baby ray sauce all over them. don't know what else. haven't been inspired in a couple of weeks.

Pour a cup of cola in there too, makes them very tender!
How about some nice loaded jacket potatoes alongside?

I just ate half the potato salad I bought. I must have worked up an appetite mixing up the ingredients for some ice cream :angel:

I just ate half the potato salad I bought. I must have worked up an appetite mixing up the ingredients for some ice cream :angel:

Gosh darnit! You guys make me hungry, it's nearly 10pm and now I want to eat again..lol! Since joining DC I eat twice as much!
Think I'll go grab a mozza ball out the fridge.

Crockpot pulled pork with homemade bbq sauce. Too hot to grill!

Moink balls will have to wait. Went to the freezer to get the meatballs and found they were chicken wings! Oh well. Gonna do up some grilled sammiches. I have turkey and roast beef.

Back
Top Bottom