What's for Dinner? (Sunday 17th of July)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We are having a quiet Ma's Sunday today. Just my two boys.DH and myself. But the meal is shaping up, Have another foccacia in the works, we will also have pork tenderloin wrapped in bacon and set on a bed of apples,carrots,little red potatoes, onion chunks, cut up hot peppers, cubed rutabegas, green salad with anchovies,tomatoes,avocados,home grown peppers and cucumbers crutons and zucchini with sauteed onions and garlic browned then covered with eggs til set and grilled artichokes dressed with evoo,chopped garlic,white balsamic and lemon juice.home made vanilla ice cream to use for root beer floats our dessert:LOL:
Thant's it for Ma's Sunday
kades

I can fiinally assemble my salad--DH came out from the City and picked up the Kitty. She's going to the best place possible (1-the pound, not good, 2-the farm-also not good--nothing to feed her, or 3-Kitten rescue that has a nursing mother cat and when she's ready, placed in a screened home). If I were her, I'd pick door #3. Now to make my salad.

CWS4322 said:
I can fiinally assemble my salad--DH came out from the City and picked up the Kitty. She's going to the best place possible (1-the pound, not good, 2-the farm-also not good--nothing to feed her, or 3-Kitten rescue that has a nursing mother cat and when she's ready, placed in a screened home). If I were her, I'd pick door #3. Now to make my salad.

Yay! Ya done good, CWS!

Sir Lion of Beef--HELP. I have a young kitten I picked up roadside this morning--I can't get it to kitten rescue until this evening. The poor thing fits in the palm of my hand, eyes are open, but not "lapping" (I offered it water). I have syringes, but I don't want to asperate (sp) it. Is there anything I can give it--cooked egg white? It's crying! If I dampen a washcloth, will it suck on that?

You should be able to give the kitten water with an eyedropper if it won't drink on it's own, and you can buy KMR (kitten formula) and nursing bottles at any pet store, but that's quite an investment if you aren't planning on raising that kitten. KMR is expensive. Of course you could go buy all that stuff, give it to the rescue group when you give them the kitten, and take it as a tax deduction.

Snip is right about stimulating the kitten after eating, but we usually use a small towel or washcloth or even a paper towel or wet wipe.

I researched a bit--you can give puppy esabiliac (sp) to kittens, but not KMR to puppies. I gave her/him about 10 ml of that with the syringe--it suckled the syringe and I was very slow about pushing the plunger--1-1000-2-1000...10-1000 slight push, and about 4 of water with the syringe. I also stimulated it using a washcloth. I have fed neonate squirrels. Then the DH came and took her (in his shirt pocket) to kitten rescue in the City. We don't have a pet store/vet clinic open on Sundays in this area. If we did, I'd have gone in for the supplies and kept her/him until I have to go back to the City. But, if I'd kept it any longer, I'd have been tempted to keep it forever. Instead, we're sponsoring its care in rescue.

Thanks! I did my good deed for the day. Awfully cute--most likely will be light/dark grey striped--and is partial polydactal <sp>.

Last edited:
I researched a bit--you can give puppy esabiliac (sp) to kittens, but not KMR to puppies. I gave her/him about 10 ml of that with the syringe--it suckled the syringe and I was very slow about pushing the plunger--1-1000-2-1000...10-1000 slight push, and about 4 of water with the syringe. I also stimulated it using a washcloth. I have fed neonate squirrels. Then the DH came and took her (in his shirt pocket) to kitten rescue in the City. We don't have a pet store/vet clinic open on Sundays in this area. If we did, I'd have gone in for the supplies and kept her/him until I have to go back to the City. But, if I'd kept it any longer, I'd have been tempted to keep it forever. Instead, we're sponsoring its care in rescue.

Thanks! I did my good deed for the day. Awfully cute--most likely will be light/dark grey striped--and is partial polydactal <sp>.
Glad to hear you have respect for other creatures. Cat's and dogs are fine but squirrels, rabbits, deer, geese, quail ... are generally more docile (except when it comes to the mating game).

The appetizer has been eaten. I should have roasted the second bone, too... but it is just an appetizer...

Attachments

• Marrow roasted.JPG
    Marrow roasted.JPG
    193 KB · Views: 153
All our pork chops are Bone-in and our T-bone, my brother says you get boneless t-bone there by you. Is this true? And meatless chops?
I've never seen boneless t-bone, but it could be true. I certainly wouldn't buy chops with no meat on them.

I am about to start supper now. I think I will exchange sweet potato fries (which we've never tried) for the mashed potatoes. :cool:

Barbara L said:
I've never seen boneless t-bone, but it could be true. I certainly wouldn't buy chops with no meat on them.

I am about to start supper now. I think I will exchange sweet potato fries (which we've never tried) for the mashed potatoes. :cool:

Did she mean boneless chops? Wondered too. Snip?

Last edited:
Good grief!! Lots of exotic cooking going on here today!! All the meals sound good enough to eat.....:LOL: well, maybe not the kitty food, and I'm not so sure about the bone marrow.:ermm:
My kitchen is closed and sparkle clean as we're leaving for Alaska in the morning. Looking forward to white water rafting on Wed. :clap:

We'll go to our favorite Mexican Cafe for some dinner. See you all in a week.

I just finished my Rachel sandwich, sat a spell (African Queen is on) and the poochies are all munching on raw beef bones. Ice cream in the near future.

We rarely get to eat like this but tonight we had Grilled T-bones with grilled portabellos and grilled garlic bread, garlic mashed potatoes and stir fried oriental veggie mix. Man it was yummy. For dessert later tonight we will have brownie sundaes. I could learn to love this kind of eating but tomorrow it's beans and ham, not bad but not the same either.

Kayelle, have a great time!

We had leftovers from the ham/scalloped potatoes meal from last night. Unfortunately we didn't have leftovers on the brownie sundaes. :(

Kayelle--Have FUN! Say hi to my cousin Alex.

FWIW, we had a WICKED storm--wind going every which way, brown outs, pouring rain so I couldn't see across the road and the neighbor's house. I'm glad the kitty wasn't out in that
(est. is 3-3/1/2 weeks)! And, the salad was yummy. I grated some old cheddar on top, skipped the tortillas. Now it is past my bedtime-3:00 a.m. comes early (and I best check the alarm clock to see if the battery backup kept the settings or I'll oversleep and miss my "flight" to Poland...).

Last edited:
Did she mean boneless chops? Wondered too. Snip?
Could be. I wasn't sure since I said I was serving bone-in chops. I thought maybe she was referring to ones that are mostly bone, fat, and gristle (I had a steak like that not long ago at Logan's Roadhouse--no bone, but a lot of fat and gristle).

Back
Top Bottom