What's for dinner Sunday 20 March 2011

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
B/S Chicken breast cubes (dredged in a blend of - white whole wheat flour, cornstarch, paprika, cayenne, ground peppercorns, my all purpose seasoning blend, salt and poultry seasoning) double fried in peanut oil served with blue cheese dressing and homemade buffalo sauce (butter, Frank’s and Louisiana hot sauces), French fries (cut on a mandolin slicer) double fried in peanut oil and salad.

img_981390_0_6b8106fa15d962c929495ab780d0f278.jpg

Blue cheese dressing and homemade buffalo sauce (butter, Frank’s and Louisiana hot sauces).

img_981390_1_9dba784bc333f816e6fe93db554b1c11.jpg
Oh, wow! I had been struggling with a wings alternative. Now I am happily awaiting the end of Lent.

Oh my! Everyone's meals sound so good, and the pics make my mouth water! DH cooked tonight, he Q'd a rib steak that we shared and we had red skinned potatoes baked on grill as well, with our usual "house salad". All very good with a glass of homemade Pinot Grigio for me and Shiraz for DH.

Sent from my iPhone using Cooking

The rolls were so easy to make, and right nice. Mayhaps I will write it up and put it in the right recipe spot.

You can't ONLY type in all caps or it will automatically change all caps to lower case. So...as long as you can alternate lower and upper case in your post its all good.
Hello Alix.

But that dosen't explain why when I quoted Patty's recipe her capital t for tablespoon was changed to a lower case t.

Oh, wow! I had been struggling with a wings alternative. Now I am happily awaiting the end of Lent.
Thank you Nora. Did you give up chicken or meat for lent? We don't eat meat on fridays during lent so sunday was ok to eat chicken.

I ended up doing the strip loins on the griddler and they came out quite nice. I used the technique I used for my mushroom entre, rubbing each steak with olive oil before sprinkling with salt, pepper and granulated garlic. They turned out awesome. We had oven fries and veggies and dip with the steak.

I will do the pot roast in the crockpot tomorrow for Tuesday.

Italian gravy-type shredded pot roast over pasta. Rich tasting and Yummy! Not too much work either, mostly time of unattended cooking. I wanted to try it over soft polenta but Craig preferred pasta.

Karen

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom