What's for dinner Sunday 20 March 2011

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DaveSoMD

Master Chef
Moderator Emeritus
Not 100% sure yet but what ever it is, I am cooking on the grill! :chef: I'll see what is on sale when I'm grocery shopping and report back later.

Anyone have dinner planned yet?

Yeah, I have a couple of take-home packages of liver and onions and am going to put it into some version of dirty rice.

I'll be eating pastrami sandwiches all day. Ten hours from now, the one I'll be eating will be called dinner. Maybe I'll make some fries to go along with that one.

Not sure yet. I have some meat left from the BBQ yesterday and I am boiling some octopus now. The octopus will be some kind of appetizer just not sure which way I will go.

Claire said:
Yeah, I have a couple of take-home packages of liver and onions and am going to put it into some version of dirty rice.

Claire, I am interested.....do you put the liver into the "dirty rice"? Do you cube it and fry it or ???? Just wondering, we like liver, but only have a couple of ways of preparing it.

Sent from my iPhone using Cooking

I'm not sure what I'm going to do with it yet, but I have boneless, skinless chicken breasts defrosting. I am planning on it being something easy to slap together because I am not up for a lot of prep! Nothing more ambitious than chopping an onion and garlic. :D

I bought some Perdue roaster chickens on sale yesterday and will be cooking one today. Not sure yet what the sides will be.

I'll be eating pastrami sandwiches all day. Ten hours from now, the one I'll be eating will be called dinner. Maybe I'll make some fries to go along with that one.

Nothing like variety! :LOL:

Not really in the mood to cook tonight so it's going to be a quick, meatless dinner. Scalloped potatoes, broccoli, mixed beans (northern and pinto), mustard greens and cornbread.

All I know for sure is that we have some polish sausages and a lot of veggies, especially cabbage and lettuces as well as peppers. I'm thinking maybe a boiled dinner or maybe some kind of stir fry. Oh, I just remembered I have some spring rolls in the freezer. Maybe I will do the stir fry.

Pierogi Princess

I'm not sure what I'm going to do with it yet, but I have boneless, skinless chicken breasts defrosting. I am planning on it being something easy to slap together because I am not up for a lot of prep! Nothing more ambitious than chopping an onion and garlic. :D

If you have some good swiss cheese and Courvoisier, this is wonderful:

Sautee chicken breasts in olive oil and butter, when cooked, top with good swiss cheese, just before it is melted, add Courvoisier (one turn around the pan) and sautee for a few minutes. Enjoy

Not 100% sure yet but what ever it is, I am cooking on the grill! :chef: I'll see what is on sale when I'm grocery shopping and report back later.

Well, the one store had chicken leg quarters for 99-cents a pound. So I'll be grilling chicken rubbed with some spice-rub and oil and there will be macaroni salad for the side.

left-over beans and ham. garlic cheddar biscuits. still have gingerbread left for dessert.

will be doing most of prep for bday dinner tomorrow night, so wanted something quick and easy. gonna make a lemon poppy seed cake with lemon pudding and cool whip frosting. will chop onions, carrots, etc for pork loin with apple pie filling. going to have whole thing ready in crock pot liner. then will just fire it up in the a.m. i love making company food.

I've got chili on the go with some monterey jack cheese to shred on top. Not my favourite, but hubby loves it. Also have some leftover bread from the breadmaker to go with it.

Ma's Sunday today is easy, we are having baby backss with bbq sauce something sweet of course:LOL: asparagus roasted wrapped in prosciutto and topped with parmesan ,rolls,scalloped potaotes, green salad,cream puffs for dessert.
kades:)

I have posted this before and got no response. But it is very easy and tasty.

Smells like Thanksgiving

1 or 2 boneless, skinless, trimmed of all fat chicken breast
1 cup reguar rice
2 cups low salt, fat free chicken broth(1 can with water added to make 2 cups)
1 heaping T dried celery flakes
1 heaping T dried onion
½ to ¾ t dried sage

Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.

Mix rice and herbs in a casserole dish that has a tight fitting lid, add heated broth, stir. Lay chicken on top, cover and bake for 25-30 minutes until rice broth is absorbed and chicken it cooked through. Enjoy!!

Cold and dreary so comfort food really it the spot.

Attachments

• dinner03202011.jpg
    dinner03202011.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 159
Frank made some pepperoni and Provolone cheese wrapped in pounded chicken breasts with Mozzarella and Parmesan cheese on top with a side of spaghetti! YUM!

I even took some pictures:

Attachments

• Chicken-Pepperoni01.jpg
    Chicken-Pepperoni01.jpg
    151.5 KB · Views: 226
  • Chicken-Pepperoni02.jpg
    Chicken-Pepperoni02.jpg
    125.8 KB · Views: 175
  • Chicken-Pepperoni03.jpg
    Chicken-Pepperoni03.jpg
    116.8 KB · Views: 169
Back