What's For Dinner Sunday 23rd June 2013?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I brought home some leftover prime rib from a function we had yesterday. There was a whole roast left over and the boss man said take some, so I sliced off a slab. I think I will let it sit in some warm jus to reheat it. I also have some stuffed potatoes to go with that.

Last edited:
Quiche sounds wonderful! I love it cold especially on a hot day like today. Unfortunately I don't any have cream or Swiss. Tonight I'm making taco salads.

Defrosting a frozen ball of pizza dough. Tonight we'll have a pizza and a salad for dinner. A cold Sam Adams or two will top it off nicely.

Howdy Y’all. When I first moved to my house, 20 + years ago, I discovered a little restaurant nearby called Southern Home Cooking. The first time I went the owner kept giving everyone hugs along with a bible verse, coming and going, me included, even tho I was a newcomer. I told Jr. about this. We went one day for late breakfast directly from doing some heavy yard work. Expecting a hug on arrival, the owner took one slow look at us up and down and said, you boys better go wash up first. Now, she didn’t know either of us from the get-go. Now, this is my idea of a neighborhood family style restaurant. Yep, Jr and I got our hugs after clean hand inspection before she seated us. LOL.

I am making southern style fried chicken legs in my chicken frying cast iron pan today. I almost feel like I should make Sweet Tea instead of regular ice tea to go alongside. Cream gravy on mashed potatoes. Frozen corn caramelized in butter. And I barely dented the watermelon I bought yesterday, so there’s that for later. Y’all come back now. Clichés, no. Good Eating, yes.

I just made a recently posted recipe for a baked rice pudding custard something, didn't write down the recipe title, only the directions:). Will add some raisins when I go to eat it.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom