What's for Dinner? (Sunday 24th of July)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I just ate some leftover stuffed pork tenderloin and broccoli from the other night.
I'm going to have to make that more often.

Last edited:
I'm being lazy--tenderloin steak and steamed green beans from the garden. I'll probably toss them with some curry...or maybe not.

Happy anni Alix!!

Dinner -
Spinach tagliatelle with meat sauce (ground beef, onion, fresh garlic, Goya adobo seasoning, accent, ground sea salt, ground peppercorns, ground red pepper flakes, cayenne, Hungarian hot paprika, dry oregano, plain tomato sauce and burgundy wine) topped with fresh grated romano and parmesan cheese and green and red butter lettuce salad (Salad Dressing – Extra virgin olive oil, flax seed oil, canola oil, garlic paste, Italian herb paste, anchovy paste, Trader Joe’s 21 seasoning salute, garlic powder, onion powder, Goya adobo seasoning, accent, ground sea salt, ground peppercorns, ground red pepper flakes, cayenne, Hungarian hot paprika, red wine vinegar & Maggi seasoning. Salad was topped with sliced mushroom cap, vine tomato, sliced almonds, McCormick Parmesan & herb and Salad Supreme Perfect Pinch toppings).

img_1028272_0_ffef2e43492dfac207b44f9ec773a669.jpg

Last edited:
Roast beast, mashed potatoes and gravy, peas, NY cheesecake with strawberries and whipped cream, and a 2007 BV Coastal Estates pinot noir

Roast beast, mashed potatoes and gravy, peas, NY cheesecake with strawberries and whipped cream, and a 2007 BV Coastal Estates pinot noir

Oh, I have been craving Roast Beef with Mashed Potatoes and Gravy ever since I posted that in the Comfort Food Thread.

TBone steak, baked potatoes on the grill. Steamed beets from the garden(first harvest)! Leftover Greek salad and a glass of 2009 Chateau du Lapin (or maybe 2) ;-)

Scrambled eggs with bacon, cheese, and homemade salsa, corn on the cob.

alix, you are the luckiest girl in the world!

ken's far too modest to say, but it's well known that you hooked youself a good one.

lol, but really, from what i know of you and ken, and the way you've raised your daughters, there's rarely been as perfect a match. :)

hope you're enjoying your night. all the best, yous two.

since i'm back to working 7 days a week +, i've been eating my first meal at everyone else's dinnertime, and dinner at 3am est, or brekkie gmt.

so, for my first meal, dw made baked peppered chicken breasts - bone in, skinless, and steamed french beans, and baked sweet potatoes. good stuff. the breasts were huge and the house was getting hot, so dw finally made them perfectly, lol, nice and juicy, not doorstops. :)

so now my dinner is either goimg to be indian steamtable buffet, greek diner, pizza joint, or leftover pastrami.

Looks so good!

It was too warm in here this afternoon, so I didn't want to turn on the oven. Mark got a big garden salad with italian dressing. I made myself a turkey pocket sandwich with mushrooms and cheddar cheese and the end of the pasta salad. It's "supposed" to be cooler tomorrow, so maybe I can bake that chop for Mark. If not, I'll be up early, and there's always the crock pot.

I really can't complain about temps this summer. The last two days have been the warmest so far, but I hate the month of August. I can't wait til Fall.

Southern Fried chicken fajitas tonight. With a salad and, honestly... probably some tatoe wedges too. The family has quite an appetite :D

Had a great one. A Friday happy hour friend said she wants to cook and has no one to cook for. Followed by "Claire, your house is usually clean ...." (depends on your standard, I guess!). So she made a great hot weather summer meal and brought it to my house and the rest of our Friday crowd came over. I warned everyone that it would be paper plates and who knows where we'll eat it, whatever room is most comfortable (I don't have central a/c). It wound up being just lovely.

Thanks msmofet and buckytom! That was a lovely tribute my friend, thanks so much.

We ate so much we could barely move! Best thing I had was the scone with cream and saskatoon compote. Holy wow.

Alix said:
Thanks msmofet and buckytom! That was a lovely tribute my friend, thanks so much.

We ate so much we could barely move! Best thing I had was the scone with cream and saskatoon compote. Holy wow.

Happy anniversary!

Saskatoon compote, mmmmmm.

Back
Top Bottom