What's for dinner Sunday 26 December (Boxing Day)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DaveSoMD

Master Chef
Moderator Emeritus
Okay, what is everyone making today? I'm continuing my cooking frenzy and making a beef standing rib roast and I am going to attempt Yorkshire Pudding.

We are heading to my mohter's house for a get together. It is a mish mash of leftovers, cheese platters, meat tray, xmas baking, other snacks, beverages....I always eat way too much....

We'll have leftovers from Christmas dinner, ham, scalloped potatos, mac and cheese, steamed broccoli - will make bean soup with the leftover ham/ham bone. yummy. It's snowing here today - won't be going out anywhere.

I have no clue. Still stuffy headed. I'll probably just graze today, maybe heat up some Ramen with some smoked sausage. Or bullion.

Chili is on the menu for tonight. S'posed to be a bit rainy and gloomy here today, so that will be the perfect dish. Will be served with cornbread (Jiffy, natch) and various condiments.

We will be having leftovers too, my favorite meal. Turkey, dressing, green beans (all the asparagus was eaten) ambrosia, rolls, pumpkin pie, lemon meringue pie.

Leftovers. We've got bits of all kinds of stuff, as well as all the turkey leftovers. Breakfast was a turkey sandwich - yum!

Pan roasted chicken breasts and Lyonnaise potatoes leftover from yesterday. Also some New York style cheesecake and blueberry topping left over from yesterday.

The plan at the moment is leftover roast beef and burgundy gravy with fresh yorkshire pudding (or maybe I will have a slice of bread and make a hot open sammie), stuffed mushrooms and a salad.

And probably hot cocoa while watching the blizzard out my window. LOL

We have a friend coming to supper, so we are having pork tenderloin stuffed with mushrooms from this recipe: Champignonfarseret svinemørbrad med billede fra Alletiders Kogebog :LOL:

We'll have brown basmati rice with it. I may fry it up with sesame seeds. I know we will have rødkål (Danish red cabbage) with it, but I'm not sure about other veg and/or salad or about dessert.

I can't decide if I want to have Pot Roast w/mushroom gravy, Mashed Potatoes ect. Or Taco's, Beans and Rice. What to cook, What to cook??????

We got the Christmas snow we wanted, so it will be chili tonight (no pun intended, but it is a pretty good one! LOL).

:)Barbara

12 inches of snow and no signs of letting up!

img_951632_0_e7ec7337fa23ac9af60bfa0bc25d6181.jpg

img_951632_1_b66b3d5d65e1fc4c6141d2a4df31d184.jpg

img_951632_2_b6337c88d6af253a899b206e69d9c636.jpg

Leftover eye round roast (room temp) with hot burgundy gravy, Yorkshire pudding and stuffed mushrooms.

img_951632_3_6f8a151c124be6e91d365779f2c6da11.jpg

12 inches of snow and no signs of letting up!

Leftover eye round roast (room temp) with hot burgundy gravy, Yorkshire pudding and stuffed mushrooms.

That looks exquisite! I would pay top dollar for a plate of food that looks like that! :)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom