What's for Dinner Sunday 30th June 2013?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We'd just finished having house guests for a week, and just re-heated pizza that we'd eaten at a restaurant a few days before. I still have a few leftovers from the past few days and hubby is to have oral surgery again today. So I'll probably just re-heat again tonight, then I'll re-assess the leftovers and toss, freeze, or save.

A Canadian ex-pat friend invited us to a Canada Day party this afternoon. I wasn't sure what I was going to bring. Finally, I put on my thinking cap and came up with the idea of a "Poutine Pizza". I didn't have time to make the crust myself, so I ran up to the store and talked the guy behind the deli counter into selling me one of theirs.

The "sauce" is homemade brown gravy, topped with mozzarella, french fries, cheese curds, and then more gravy and green onions when it came out of the oven.

It was a big hit and I ended up winning the prize for bringing the most Canadian dish, eh.

img_1279193_0_2e0f3b42e9b90bebb67e85227f248af3.jpg
Check out Pizza Hut's poutine pizza:

New Pizza Hut Pizzas: Poutine Topping Comes To Canada

I have discovered I like hot peppers on poutine....raised some eyebrows, but it was darned good. Nice job, Steve.

I wasn't too hungry, so I had cilantro/parsley hummus with whole wheat pita.

Check out Pizza Hut's poutine pizza:

New Pizza Hut Pizzas: Poutine Topping Comes To Canada

I have discovered I like hot peppers on poutine....raised some eyebrows, but it was darned good. Nice job, Steve.

Darn! And here I thought it was a Steve original - I should have known better. :rolleyes:

Poutine pizza is undoubtedly one of the most unhealthy things I've cooked in a long time. I had one small piece and that was just about all I could handle.

Haven't seen you around much lately, CWS. How are things?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom