What's for Dinner Sunday 30th June 2013?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kylie1969

Chef Extraordinaire
Tonight we are having a slow cooker butter chicken :yum:

We are trying a new recipe, we have never made butter chicken using the slow cooker, so this will be nice, the chicken thighs will be soooo tender :)

We are having this with basmati rice and pappadoms with raita :yum:

5 am, got the smoker going. Beef brisket, St Louis ribs and mabe a tri tip.

I will be preping Tasso for a smoke session this comming holiday. It has to cure for about a week. We will also make about 10 lbs of andouille as well. The meat for it has to cure for 24 hours, but I'll let it cure for 2-3 days. I might throw something else on as well.

Haven't decided about today.

Just about ready to put the "cured" vanilla mixture into the ice cream maker for homemade vanilla ice cream. This will top the coconut cake I made yesterday. Today's Glenn's birthday.

His birthday meal will include grilled steaks, shrimp scampi, stuffed mushrooms, baked Vidalia onions, red wine and, of course, coconut cake with ice cream.

We had blueberry french toast and sausages for brunch. There were 3 chicken breasts left from last night that I may cube up and put on salads for supper. I've got a lot of "homework" to do for my job today and don't want to spend a lot of time in the kitchen.

Oven roasted, breaded chicken with garlic. Smashed potato's and a salad.

We got some new pizza shells at our gluten free bakery yesterday and I think we will make one up tonight. Not so sure of toppings yet. I will probably make a salad out of fresh lettuce we were given and then for dessert some freshly made warm rhubarb over coconut milk ice "cream".

Just about ready to put the "cured" vanilla mixture into the ice cream maker for homemade vanilla ice cream. This will top the coconut cake I made yesterday. Today's Glenn's birthday.

His birthday meal will include grilled steaks, shrimp scampi, stuffed mushrooms, baked Vidalia onions, red wine and, of course, coconut cake with ice cream.

Sounds like a wonderful meal, Katie. Wish Glenn a Happy Birthday from me! :)

A Canadian ex-pat friend invited us to a Canada Day party this afternoon. I wasn't sure what I was going to bring. Finally, I put on my thinking cap and came up with the idea of a "Poutine Pizza". I didn't have time to make the crust myself, so I ran up to the store and talked the guy behind the deli counter into selling me one of theirs.

The "sauce" is homemade brown gravy, topped with mozzarella, french fries, cheese curds, and then more gravy and green onions when it came out of the oven.

It was a big hit and I ended up winning the prize for bringing the most Canadian dish, eh.

img_1279066_0_2e0f3b42e9b90bebb67e85227f248af3.jpg

Pizza, I've been craving it lately. What better thing to do than turn your oven up to 550 degrees in the middle of the summer in the south... Grateful for central A/C right about now!

Pizza, I've been craving it lately. What better thing to do than turn your oven up to 550 degrees in the middle of the summer in the south... Grateful for central A/C right about now!

There have been a few of us who have made it over the weekend, I think we all have been craving pizza lately :LOL:

We and all our visitors just got home from a long day at Gloucester and Rockport and had Chinese at a local restaurant.

I just finished a big bowl of black beans and rice with smoked pork loin added. Might have gone a wee bit heavy on the cayenne pepper... in a good way.

Pizza has been preempted because we don't have the energy to go to the store. I am still suffering from sciatica and it is really hot today. TB took Violet on two runs today and he is all tired out. Some day I will video tape them walking to show why he gets tired out, but of course I may have to take the car to keep up!:ROFLMAO:

So, I think we are going to grill something - hot dogs, farmer sausage or turkey burgers (my own). No rhubarb or ice cream yet either!

DxW's birthday today. Jr flew home from working out of state to spend the day w her. He wanted hot dogs, She, just happy to see him said go for it. We grilled Nathan's hotdogs and made calico bake beans and texas caviar w tortilla chips. Watermelon slices. Pretty easy. I stopped on the way over and brought a dairy queen butterfinger blizzard ice cream cake. Her favorite blizzarde flavor.

Grilled salmon, rice- a- roni ( I know......it's out of a box, but it's HOT here and I didn't feel like thinking or cooking much, and I'm enjoying my second fresh lime margarita). We are having steamed broccoli as well and rhubarb crisp for dessert. ;)

image-478524037.jpg

Himself threw some Italian sausage on the grill while I sauteed a ton of onions and green and red peppers. Slices of Italian bread were easy as a side. When it's hot and humid I'm lazy. :)

I made steak tacos last night. Marinated two strip steaks in canola oil, lime juice, garlic and s&p, then pan-seared them. Made tomatillo-avocado salsa and limey sour cream to go with them, and chopped lettuce and shredded Mexican cheese blend to top. Yummy.

Back
Top Bottom