What's for dinner? Sunday, 5-3-15

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cheryl J

Chef Extraordinaire
I thawed a package of pulled pork this morning, with the anticipation of making tacos. I just realized I'm out of tortillas, that hardly every happens. So I guess I'll either season the pork with some Penzey's Arizona Dreaming and make a taco salad, or mix it with some BBQ sauce and put it on an onion bun. Either way, should be good.

Just added tortillas to my shopping list, I can't be without them! :ohmy::)

What's everyone having for dinner? :chef:

I remembered we had a package of smoked salmon from Costco. Looked at the expiration date, it's 2020, unless it's opened. Well, I opened it. And apparently will need to freeze some. It's really good though.

Around Easter, I got a sirloin strip roast at a great price and sliced it up for steaks. We're having two of them tonight coked on the grill with pilaf and peas. (SO has to have peas with her pilaf)

We had corned beef, boiled taters and cabbage and cabbage salad (shredded cabbage with vinaigrette dressing DD1 won't eat cooked cabbage and I like the flavor of the vinegar with the corned beef).

I'm having more beef stew, made with fork tender chuck and gravy made from the beer braised drippings.

Lamb chops(I'm a little piggy and ate 3). White beans and 'sparagus....
Bc38YUz.jpg
Bc38YUz.jpg

Found a half jar of harissa sauce hiding in the fridge so tonight is lamb patties. Trader Joe's Harvest Grain mix cooked in veg broth and sprinkled with some feta. And salad...I found a patch of volunteer greens (spinach, red mustard, arugula and perpetual spinach) in the garden.

Rare roast beef sandwiches from the piece of meat that keeps on giving. Toasted French bread, with Gouda cheese on one slice, and piled the beef, tomato slices, lettuce, and a generous smear of my homemade sandwich spread (horseradish/mayo/Dijon). Fruit salad for dessert: mango, red grapes, blackberries, orange, banana, and strawberries. :yum:

A little under the weather around here. We had ramp and bacon buttermilk biscuits with poached eggs, with ramp butter.

However, since I didn't want the rest of the ramps or the morels to go bad since it's probably going to be a few days since I'll probably be next to get sick, I made the dumpling filling with pork, bacon and ramps for dim sum later and froze, and I also stuffed the morels with a crab mixture and froze them in a single layer. Hopefully, they'll cook up fine. Figured I'd sautee them in butter with a touch of garlic from frozen, then pop in the oven and bake for a bit until they are warm all the way thru, maybe cover for first part of baking.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom