What's for dinner? Sunday, 6-7-15

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cheryl J

Chef Extraordinaire
I was just looking through the freezer and veggie bin - I think it'll be potstickers, with steamed broccoli and carrots on the side. Not too exciting, mainly just for ease and to clear up some room in the freezer and fridge. :)

What's everyone having this evening? :chef:

Running a bit late as had work this am then went to parents house to help with new smart tv and linking to dads Ipad. Absolute nightmare.

Anyway doing a roasted salt, parsley and pepper crusted roll of pork, roast tatties, peas and sweetcorn. Also going to have the remaining banans/yoghurt things from yesterday.

We are going to a banquet at our church tonight, honouring all the students graduating from high school who attend our youth program.

I believe the meal is roast beef, potatoes, gravy, vegetables, salads, buns. Whatever, it is always delicious!

There is also cake by one of my decorating students who has far surpassed her teacher! (I say proudly!) :)

We decided to "ramp up" a meal this week when we were shopping at the farmers' market. Himself will be grilling ramps, along with pork tenderloin "tips" that will get a quick marinate adapted from ATK's "Garlic-Lime Grilled Pork Steaks" shown this season a couple weeks back. The tenderloin pieces were such a good price I didn't noticed that they were basically the end cuts from trimming pork. We'll just lay them in the fish griller so Himself can flip them all at once. ;)

I plan on serving a big salad and a little bit of couscous with the pork and ramps. Watermelon or fresh-made fruit salad for dessert.

Since Mother Nature's seeing fit to gift us with another summer-like day and there are still buns and potato salad left from yesterday, we'll task the buns to hold some western Kentucky pulled pork then add some fried green tomatoes either on the side or on our sandwiches. Dessert will be homemade strawberry sherbet, which has been waiting in the freezer from two weeks ago when the strawberries were "in." I may have to eat dessert first.:rolleyes:

...I may have to eat dessert first.:rolleyes:
Katie, you're singing my song!
073095e03959ab734290e99e506cd9c2.jpg

We have our first pork butt in the smoker. I'm making creamy cole slaw and baked beans to go with it. I might have some cucumber sticks, too. I picked our first garden cuke of the season yesterday. So tasty :yum:

We are having a casserole similar to scalloped potatoes with pork chops, except we are using some of the red wine and garlic sausage I made in place of the chops. I'm also making a green bean side dish using sliced onions, garlic and stewed tomatoes.:yum: Karen is starting the do a heads for moussaka we are having later this week. We are making two pans, one for dinner and one to freeze.

Big bowl of dill potato salad and grapes to follow. Basic tonight. Was at a baby shower earlier and filled my face with BBQed chicken.

Love the fruit salad Salt & Pepper.

Really hot here today. ...fish tacos and a margarita.

Turrrtlllllllllllle! (Actually, looks more like a sea tortoise.) So cute! I cannot believe how much work you put into making your plates look delicious. I'm usually in too much of a hurry to eat the food, so I don't pretty-up my food.
Yup, cute and impressive. I've seen food art, but I never saw a turtle/tortoise before. I like it.

Joey, your grilled chicken and fruit salad looks so tasty. :yum: Love the cantaloupe turtle! :)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom