"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu
Old 07-23-2006, 11:20 AM   #1
Sous Chef
Send a message via Yahoo to FryBoy
What's For Dinner, Sunday, 7/23/06

I have no idea! We're leaving the beach and heading for dinner at the home of some old friends' who live in Woodland Hills, in the San Fernando Valley area of Los Angeles. Now get this: it was 119 (one hundred nineteen) degrees there yesterday!

FryBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2006, 11:40 AM   #2
Executive Chef
Sounds like a fun trip if the temp goes down a few degrees.

I have no idea about dinner, yet. Probably leftover chicken and leftover pork over a salad.

Please spay and neuter your pets. The Animal Rescue Site
Half Baked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2006, 12:47 PM   #3
Executive Chef
started one earlier too
please give me some ideas. I have every meat in the freezer plus a variety of veggies. Last night, with ribs, the night before English style deep fried cod, it's up to the posters what will end up on my table for the man and myself.
Good Sunday to you.

I've decided to do hubby's favorite dinner. it's easy, so stupidly easy, but it's something he really loves.
hamburger patty with lettuce. that's it.
no dressing on the lettuce, no bun or condiments.
...Trials travel best when you're taking the transportation known as prayer...SLRC
LEFSElover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2006, 01:28 PM   #4
Senior Cook
Too hot for the grill...I could probably just open the thing, not turn it on, and cook a steak on it.

So I'm gonna throw together some chicken & penne pasta with pesto. I think I've got some garlic rice laying about, and then something that doesn't require turning the oven on for dessert...maybe bananas foster.
Poppinfresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2006, 04:47 PM   #5
Chef Extraordinaire
We're having fried chicken dressed wit butter, garlic powder, rosemary and sprinkled with wine, small red potatoes par boiled, then cut in quarters and tossed with melted butter and evoo, parsley and crushed garlic, green beans with bacon,sliced tomatoes,cucumbers, red onions, avocados sprinkled with salt and pepper and then evoo and rice wine vinegar, garlic buttered rolls and chocolate crossant bread pudding which turned out yummy..Before hand, some melon and prosciutto, figs and mascarpone and cool drinks and a dip in the pool.

HEAVEN is Cade, Ethan,Carson, and Olivia,Alyssa,Gianna
kadesma is offline   Reply With Quote