What's for Dinner? Sunday 7/29/12

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cerise

Washing Up
Found some lamb chops in the freezer, so building a meal around them.

Greek salad
Grilled Lamb chops rubbed w/ rosemary, lemon juice & minced garlic
Penne pasta with gremolata, artichoke hearts, evoo & parmesan cheese
Strawberry shortcakes

I'm channeling pacanis today and grilling wings. Not at all sure what we'll have to go with it. I'll think of something.

Sounds good.

I have a pork belly braising in the oven in stock and spices. Going to take it out after two hours and put it on a rack and crisp it up for an hour. It's going to be served with fried rice and stir fried vegetables with almonds....

Sounds good, all.

I'm having pan seared scallops, steamed green beans with almonds, and maybe some of the potato salad I made yesterday.

I needed to s/thing with the 3 lb of Swiss Chard leaves I brought home...I think I have enough Swiss Chard Pesto in the freezer for 30 meals using pesto...that's a month's worth and the chard is still going gang busters.

I made this:

Recipe Details

For my crust, I went with:

1-1/4 c AP flour
1/4 c chickpea flour
1 tsp salt
Fresh ground pepper
garlic powder
grated parm.

1/4 c lard
1/4 c Crisco

3 T ice cold (from the freezer) water
1 T cider vinegar

I changed up the recipe by using Greek Yogurt instead of ricotta (I didn't want to open a 32 oz. container), whole milk instead of whipping cream, added bacon, and topped with bacon and more grated sharp white cheddar. I also added about 1 c of leftover kale from breakfast.

Attachments

• tart 001.jpg
    tart 001.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 187
I'm channeling pacanis today and grilling wings. Not at all sure what we'll have to go with it. I'll think of something.
Let me know how that channeling works for you--I have wings in the freezer and was thinking of doing the same thing later this week..:LOL::LOL:

Surprised, CWS, that you did not sneak a few eggs into your recipe :)
You didn't read the recipe--there are 3 eggs (I doubled the recipe, so I used 6 eggs). I made a smaller pie pan one for the DH to take to work tomorrow--that one serves 1, whereas the springform one serves 2. So yes, it used eggs. And, it tastes better than the last time I made it--this time, we had "real" eggs, not those store-bought eggs.:LOL:

I'm not completely sure, but I'm thinking about just browning some ground beef and adding whatever strikes my fancy (tomatoes, onions, mushrooms, vegetables, garlic, spices).

We went to a funeral this afternoon so to take advantage of the fact that we were all awake and dressed up at the same time we went to Texas Roadhouse. Had a wonderfully cooked ribeye, mashed taters and salad with potato skins for an appy. It was good!

Sounds good.

I have a pork belly braising in the oven in stock and spices. Going to take it out after two hours and put it on a rack and crisp it up for an hour. It's going to be served with fried rice and stir fried vegetables with almonds....
.....Tried to cut the pork belly but it just fell apart. Rind was too crispy. For anybody who has never slow roasted a peice of pork belly, do it. It is phenomenal.

Attachments

• DSC00683.jpg
    DSC00683.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 161
Last edited:
Fresh blueberries and Cheerios. DH opened all the windows, and it's now too hot to cook.

Last edited:
sunday was a feast for all of the senses.after visiting mum bolas,madge & i took a short drive through breathtaking welsh countryside to llyn brenig.at over 1400 ft altitude the highest fishing reservoir in the country & a site of historical importance.carbon dating of charcoal/artifacts found during construction indicates that part of the valley was the site of a mesolithic encampment dating back to 5700 bc.completed in 1976 the reservoir was built to protect the water supply of north west england(bl**dy english:LOL:!!) & east wales.the deep crystal clear waters are fed by the rivers & streams from the surrounding mountains/pine forests.
even visitors talk in whispers so as not to disturb the natural beauty & wildlife that populates the surrounding nature reserve.the world fly fishing,international & national fly fishing contests have all been held there & the brown/rainbow trout in the lake are stocked from a hatchery at the dam end of the lake.only artificial lures/bates are allowed thus further protecting the purity of the water.hire of a boat with outboard only costs £20 for a whole days fishing!.the records are 22lbs for rainbow & 21lbs for brown trout.we shall return with rods but part of me hopes we don't catch anything....might spoil the day!!
a spellbinding/magical place only 40 minutes up the road.sometimes it's not all about the food.......food for thought my fellow gastronauts?
https://www.google.com/search?hl=en...g&biw=1280&bih=666&sei=VD0WUNebIsLO0QXDp4CQCA

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom