What's for dinner? Sunday 8-23-15

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cheryl J

Chef Extraordinaire
I picked up a rotisserie chicken from Costco yesterday - I think I'll pull the drumsticks off and have those. :) Sides will be watermelon and blueberries, and that'll probably do it.

What's on everyone's plate today? :chef:

I just made a Thai cucumber salad to go along with Shrimp Pad Thai I will be making later.

I roasted a chicken and oven braised a small eye of round in foil this morning.

I will portion them into meal size packages, for the freezer, when I fix dinner.

Tonight will be chicken or beef, broccoli, a salad and iced tea!

The person who plans ahead could do this at home. In the back yard. On the grill. Even have a siesta in a lawn chair while keeping an eye on the cooker. The other person gets take out. I 'm off to my favorite BBQ joint for spare ribs. They use hickory and cherry wood. I use hickory and apple. Mine are Just as good. There is NO justification for this in summer. Although one rack makes enough for 3-4 meals, so the cost is spread out. And I like their hot vinegary bbq sauce on the side.

I have seafood for Himself to grill...and lousy weather for it. Guess I'm cooking all the food inside. *sigh* I'll sear the small tuna steak in a CI pan, saute the shrimp in garlic butter, and quick-boil the snow crab knuckles. To compensate for me having to cook, we're having frozen peas (steamed) and haflebach potatoes. Going old-school with a wedge salad.

Palomilla steak with sautéed crisp tender onion/fresh lime juice garnish, frijoles negroes, arroz blanco, and avocado/red onion salad.

Attachments

• 1440447905539.jpg
    1440447905539.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 165
It was my husband's birthday so his favorite was requested and made. Lamb shank in the slow cooker with a red wine sauce and veg, served on a bed of garlic mash followed by his favorite homemade chocolate cake.

Rich meal indeed! But a real Sunday treat!

Back
Top Bottom