What's for dinner Sunday 9/13/09

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Dinner:

Beef and broccoli stir fry with white rice.

img_850326_0_5054405749a926481b813a2b5370fb27.jpg

img_850326_1_e077d8c23c4eb2e28cc7b769a801e42d.jpg

img_850326_2_65462083ac6e4c256fc9e937875b7ab4.jpg

Tonight I made, "Pasta con acchiughe e pomodoro." Yes, that is anchovy and tomato sauce. First off, I hate anchovies, but when I had this dish for the first time in my life many, many years ago in Rome, I was stupified how delicious this was. The anchovies add a depth and complexity to tomato sauce without overwhelming the the freshness of the organic tomatoes that I bought at the green-market. When I was in Rome, this dish was made with Greek olives too. Till this day, I have yet to have a better tomato sauce.

Tonight I made, "Pasta con acchiughe e pomodoro." Yes, that is anchovy and tomato sauce. First off, I hate anchovies, but when I had this dish for the first time in my life many, many years ago in Rome, I was stupified how delicious this was. The anchovies add a depth and complexity to tomato sauce without overwhelming the the freshness of the organic tomatoes that I bought at the green-market. When I was in Rome, this dish was made with Greek olives too. Till this day, I have yet to have a better tomato sauce.
i love olive and anchovy tomato sauce. i am not big into seafood so i make it as my alternitive meal during lent and xmas eve.

I'm glad to here that others love this dish as much as myself. Tomatos, anchovies, and olives are a match made in heaven. It reminds me of the first time I had Champagne and caviar. Yes, I like Champagne and yes, I like caviar, but ordinarily they are both delicacies I can pass on (myself being the more rustic type). Yet, when I tried them together for the first time at Petrossian here in New York City, I was transported to a different place. In fact, I could say that Champagne and caviar comes from the heavens, whereas Pasta con acchiughe e pomodoro comes from the center from the earth; of dirt and fire.

I'm glad to here that others love this dish as much as myself. Tomatos, anchovies, and olives are a match made in heaven. It reminds me of the first time I had Champagne and caviar. Yes, I like Champagne and yes, I like caviar, but ordinarily they are both delicacies I can pass on (myself being the more rustic type). Yet, when I tried them together for the first time at Petrossian here in New York City, I was transported to a different place. In fact, I could say that Champagne and caviar comes from the heavens, whereas Pasta con acchiughe e pomodoro comes from the center from the earth; of dirt and fire.
i also add capers to my olive sauce when i have them available. i like champagne but i don't think i want to try caviar.

thank you PPT!!
I LOVE your first photo (that blue bowl really makes the meat/vegies stand out. I love how you caught the steam!), and I also like the second. Wanting to see more of it, I brightened it a little. Hope that's okay.... great dinner! That is one of my favorite dinners! :chef:

img_850370_0_2c0800d96bd58db21b0cb0ab5c3d0f79.jpg

Our dinner. Almost an instant replay of Saturday night's. Though, I had baked carrots/celery, mashed potatoes and french bread. I also changed the gravy a little bit.

img_850372_0_19ea090c99d757de816e09461a79986d.jpg

img_850372_1_b0c45bbb0536af49efd915035b1841b4.jpg

img_850372_2_69937605616a9f39f84d7517f7b6092f.jpg

I LOVE your first photo (that blue bowl really makes the meat/vegies stand out. I love how you caught the steam!), and I also like the second. Wanting to see more of it, I brightened it a little. Hope that's okay.... great dinner! That is one of my favorite dinners! :chef:

img_850377_0_2c0800d96bd58db21b0cb0ab5c3d0f79.jpg
thank you VB.

Our dinner. Almost an instant replay of Saturday night's. Though, I had baked carrots/celery, mashed potatoes and french bread. I also changed the gravy a little bit.

img_850378_0_19ea090c99d757de816e09461a79986d.jpg

img_850378_1_b0c45bbb0536af49efd915035b1841b4.jpg

img_850378_2_69937605616a9f39f84d7517f7b6092f.jpg
that looks good. i never make carrots and celery as a side, i think i will do that soon.

Welcome to DC Joe/Gardenguru!

I have to agree though, this isn't a recipe thread. Most of us know what our recipe is going to be when we post in the daily meal thread. <grin> but I love your enthusiasm!

As for my meal last night...it came out smashing. I made a loaf of italian bread with some wheat bran added for texture and nutrition. The seafood risotto was prepared as a main dish, featuring shrimp, scallops, and lump crabmeat. I'd have added clams and lobster tails if my grocery was somewhat competent about stocking their seafood counter on the weekends.

The crab bisque came out great. I used a recipe that combined crab stock and homemade creamed corn, along with a pound of lump crab meat, for a fantastic soup.

I broiled the homemade bread slices with a spread of fresh garlic and butter.

to to it all off, I still have about 2 quarts of crab stock left! it also came out well. I'd be happy to post/share any of the recipies if there is interest.

I think my next personal milestone is going to be to take the time to actually photograph the meal to share. :)
I'm able to do it, but just never think about it.

I am very happy to report that the stuffed shells turned out, superb. I was a little nervous because I was serving them to friends who hate all things goats; they hate goats, hate our goats, hate goats' milk, cheese and meat. Of course I did not tell them from whence the cheeses originated;). Truely some things are best left unsaid:cool:

I am very happy to report that the stuffed shells turned out, superb. I was a little nervous because I was serving them to friends who hate all things goats; they hate goats, hate our goats, hate goats' milk, cheese and meat. Of course I did not tell them from whence the cheeses originated;). Truely some things are best left unsaid:cool:
I would be happy with any recipe that used your goat cheese!! I still am amazed at all that you do! :)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom