What's for Dinner Sunday, April 11th?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bethzaring

Master Chef
We are having friends over for the 5:00 pm meal session...am planning on fixing lasagna, already started the French bread in the machine, broccoli from the freezer, and am undecided if I should fix dessert. Have always served these friends dessert, but they are dieting..

then beer while we play euchre:)

what are you fixing?

Son is coming over to work on his car in our garage. I made a batch of pizza dough this morning and have it rising. Have some good sauce left from spaghetti the other night and picked up some ice cream so it's homemade pizza with milkshakes for us!

Son is coming over to work on his car in our garage. I made a batch of pizza dough this morning and have it rising. Have some good sauce left from spaghetti the other night and picked up some ice cream so it's homemade pizza with milkshakes for us!

Sounds great! I'll be there ASAP!;)

I'm think'n salad for us tonight. :LOL: No, I've got some smoked top round thaw'n for french dips. If they, wife & kids, don't like that then probably pizza hut.:glare:

I also have sliced up smoked pork loin stuffed w/cream cheese they might go for. Who knows

I musta made a wrong turn, after I crossed the river last night, 'cause.I never made it to Beth's house for the white beans etc...So today it will be Red Beans & Rice full of Tasso and Andouille..Salad, and french bread.....Lemon meringue pie for D-Zert;)

Geez Alix! Did Ken rob a bank?;):LOL: Good for you, sounds like a great time!

Bob, your a jerk.;):LOL: Dang that sounds good!!! I'm guess'n you'll have some crawfish/blue crab as an app.? Gotta love cajun food!

Don't forget the pix, Bob, or it didn't happen.;):cool:

Geez Alix! Did Ken rob a bank?;):LOL: Good for you, sounds like a great time!

Bob, your a jerk.;):LOL: Dang that sounds good!!! I'm guess'n you'll have some crawfish/blue crab as an app.? Gotta love cajun food!

Don't forget the pix, Bob, or it didn't happen.;):cool:

To you the name is MR. Bob........:cool:

Is that your pic?! Dang that looks good Mr. Jerk.....er I mean Mr. Bob!:LOL:

I'm hungry.:mad:

We're having the bone-in spiral ham that wasn't thawed last Sunday. :rolleyes: Sides I'm making sauteed green beans with shallots and garlic, roasted carrots, parslied potatoes, and homemade yeast rolls. We'll eat about 2:30pm and it will be the only meal I make today (okay, well, I made a sour cream coffee cake with a sweet pecan ribbon for breakfast). Nothing special for dessert... I've cut up some seasonal fruit and will serve it with ice cream. The ham and sides will be made over into other meals for the week, so I'm pretty much done until Friday (same meal tomorrow night, ham and beans Tuesday, pesto pasta with potatoes and green beans Wednesday, ham salad Thursday). :)

Turkey italian sausage braised slowly in a mediteraian white bean stew.. Chocolate layer cake with raspberry jam and peanut butter mousse.. YUM!!!

Sounds interesting. Care to share?

I had a "wild hair" and was tired of plain old smoked pork loin. Looked in the fridge and had 1/2 a bar of cream cheese leftover from make'n a seafood chili so I fillet out the loin, put some rub in w/the cheese, rolled up and smoked it. I haven't tried it yet, I just sliced into family portions, wrapped in plastic wrap & foil and froze. Sometime I like to smoke stuff to get my "fix" in.

Sorry, no pix of it when I sliced it, just this one.

img_889161_0_dc5191563ca8e32f01c970dddb4f02a3.jpg

I used some rub I had and added some dill. I've been on a dill kick lately.:blink:

Green chile enchilada casserole (layers of corn tortillas, shredded chicken/Mjack cheese/onion/cilantro mixture, and chile verde enchilada sauce), Spanish rice, and either a green salad or a vegetable. I had the ingredients to make this dinner last weekend and just never got around to making it.

Doctored up pizza with mushrooms, grape tomatoes, black olives, etc., and a green salad.

Green chile enchilada casserole (layers of corn tortillas, shredded chicken/Mjack cheese/onion/cilantro mixture, and chile verde enchilada sauce), Spanish rice, and either a green salad or a vegetable. I had the ingredients to make this dinner last weekend and just never got around to making it.

Oh, Sierra, that sounds soo good!

I went to a "little" potluck tonight....only about 100 of my closest friends ;) I took my now famous oriental meatballs and rice. There was some mighty good food there.

But I came home to have homemade hot fudge sundaes for dessert with Dad :)

I feel like it's been a coon's age since I've been here.. I made myself a 2-cheese pizza. I made Mark a baked chicken breast with gravy, roasted potato slices and baby carrots.

Back
Top Bottom