What's for Dinner, Sunday Dec. 28th!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
french onion soup with provalone cheese and crackers. a big glass of milk. got a little frozen apple tart for later. now that i think about it, it is bumble berry. still yum

I have a canning pot about 2/3 full of turkey broth cooling. I had a large turkey and that is on only pot the carcass would fit in. I have plans on what to make with it, just have to figure out what I can store it in to freeze it. Oh, I haven't eaten dinner yet. I am tired of holiday food and don't have a clue what I want.................

Hi JimC!

The flavors of my Steak Pizzaiola are pretty much the same as yours, but I do mine in the oven. Verrrrrry easy!

Lee's Steak Pizzaiola

1 1/2 to 2 lb chuck steak, 1 " thick
small onion, chopped
14 oz can chopped tomatoes, drained
fresh sliced mushrooms, optional
1 T. fresh oregano (or 1 teas. dried)
2-3 cloves garlic, chopped
salt
1/2 teas. red pepper flakes
olive oil (drizzle)
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese

Place chuck steak in a shallow dish. Top with all but cheese. Bake at 350 for 45 minutes to an hour (or 30 minutes per pound of chuck steak). Sprinkle cheese on the steak and let it melt for 5 minutes in the oven.

LOL! The photo looks like a big blob, but it tastes like a pizza-flavored pot roast! Delicous!

Lee

steakpizzaiolazs1.jpg

I thawed some country style ribs, but I didn't think it would be enough for the whole family. So I simmered them in some Mexican style seasonings, shredded them and made exploding chimichangas. We had Mexican style rice, and guacamole too...

Wooo Hooo!!! We had some real nice weather so i fired up the grill. Grilled ribeyes with a hint of mesquite (couple lumps on the diffusers), grilled asparagus and grilled pesto shrimp skewers. I thought of the pesto while I was cleaning the shrimp, never heard of it before but it was REAL good. We could ave just snacked on more shrimp.

freezer clean out week. Good golly what I've found!! Anyway, found some tenderloin tips so made stroganoff.

Hi JimC!

The flavors of my Steak Pizzaiola are pretty much the same as yours, but I do mine in the oven. Verrrrrry easy!

Lee your recipe looks great - I'm going to try it in the oven the next time I make it. Your recipe also saves the effort of pounding out the meat to tenderize it and you can even use a more economical cut too.

Your oven method is also perfect for doing when we're out in our Airstream. Many thanks!!!

Jim

Linguini with Sun Dried Tomatoes, Spinach and Garlic

1/2 cup olive oil
7 or 8 cloves fresh garlic, thinly sliced
1/3 cup sun dried tomato in oil, slivered
1/2 cup golden raisins
1/4 cup pignoli (optional)
1 bag fresh baby spinach, washed
1 (10 oz) package fresh linguini, cooked according to package directions
Freshly grated Romano cheese

Saute the garlic in the oil until it starts to sizzle. Add sun dried tomatoes, raisins and spinach. Saute until spinach is just wilted. Toss with fresh hot linguini and serve with a generous amount of grated cheese.

YUM! I think I need to go buy the ingredients and fix this tomorrow! Thanks for sharing, Jim!

we returned/exchanged some gifts today, then went out to our favourite steakhouse.

we all had the awesome salad bar (i love "all you can eat" pate', marinated 'chokes, olive salad, pickled beets, and pickled hot gardiniere). good pumpernickel and nutty raisin bread, too.

then, dw had cedar plank grilled salmon, my boy had mac-n-cheese, and i had the surf and turf special (12oz. ribeye with horseradish crust, and an 8oz. broiled lobster tail). :pig:
good eatin today.

darn, i just remembered that we got the death by chocolate 7 layer cake to go. it's in the fridge at home, crying my name.

Back
Top Bottom