What's For Dinner Sunday December 13th

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
"Tweak It A Little" Chili

I had FrankZ's chili, which was rather fun to make. He started it last night and we took turns saying, "What is it missing...well, add that and stir." It turned out pretty good. It wasn't the OMG recipe we had hoped it would be...which is good because there is no way on Earth we could recreate this recipe without chemical analysis.

When we serve it, we have drastically different ideas on what to have with Chili. Frank likes sour cream, cheese, and a bit of onion. I like macaroni (because it helps me deal with the spice, which I love,) beans, and lots of onion. This time, I did add a bit of sour cream, but what I think it really needed was a small splash of red wine vinegar.

~Kathleen

barb! hi!
sounds yummy, especially the taters.

my dinner, well..... jake poured too many crumbs into the meatballs, so they were smushy, & the sauce was bottled & was very parmesan-y. too much seasoning & steak sauce in the meatballs, too. he usually cooks a great pasta. aw, well.......

Good evening, all. After being on the sick list this last week with a minor case of flu, I finally ate dinner that was more than top ramen or rice with chicken broth. I breaded a chicken breast with panko bread crumbs and had plain mashed potatoes on the side. No gravy, I don't think my stomach could handle that.

Well, I ended up going a totally new route. After the ground beef and onions had browned, and I was reaching for the mushroom soup, I noticed one of my potato "peelers." I won 3 of them awhile back, one regular, one for thin-skinned fruits, and one a julienne cutter. I had never tried the 3rd one, so I peeled a couple potatoes and then used that to julienne the potatoes into the pan of browned meat, along with some garlic. I cooked it all together until the potatoes were done, then I sprinkled some shredded cheddar over it and put it in the oven to melt the cheese while the Brussels sprouts were cooking. It turned out pretty good, so I'm glad I changed my mind. :cool:

:)Barbara

I wound up ordering a pizza.

But eariler in the day I made Sauteed bean sprouts. It is a Korean side dish. It contains bean sprouts, garlic, seaame oil, seaame seeds, and green onion.
4182709225_2a8502e224.jpg

I also finished a batch of Korean Cucumber Pickles with soy sauce.
4181726171_be893a5291.jpg

we went to a friends Restaurant with alltogether 6 peoples abou 1h away from us

Frank & I had a great Wiener Schnitzel with real veal, while the others enjoyed the goose roast with red cabbage, dumplings and brussel sprouts.

we had a wonderful day and lots of fun!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom