What's for Dinner Sunday December 18th?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Nothing fancy here or colorful here, but my tummy is happy :yum:

PPPC wk-15, Arizona (Mexico influenced)
Apache Burro on the left (baically just seasoned meat cooked low and slow) and Carne Seca on the right (the same meat with green salsa added and marinated overnight). I cheated on the Apache Burro and added a drizzle of some red sauce that someone brought me from Mexico last week. I figured it needed some pizazz ;)
And a Sonoran Quesadilla. I had two :pig: Basically an open faced quesadilla, just one layer. You brush it with butter, toast it until crisp, put your cheese and fixings on, and toast some more.

Onward to next week's challenge!

Attachments

• PPPC week 15 Apache Burro, Carne Seca.jpg
    PPPC week 15 Apache Burro, Carne Seca.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 200
  • PPPC week 15 Sonoran Quesadilla.jpg
    PPPC week 15 Sonoran Quesadilla.jpg
    102.7 KB · Views: 151
pacanis said:
Nothing fancy here or colorful here, but my tummy is happy :yum:

PPPC wk-15, Arizona (Mexico influenced)
Apache Burro on the left (baically just seasoned meat cooked low and slow) and Carne Seca on the right (the same meat with green salsa added and marinated overnight). I cheated on the Apache Burro and added a drizzle of some red sauce that someone brought me from Mexico last week. I figured it needed some pizazz ;)
And a Sonoran Quesadilla. I had two :pig: Basically an open faced quesadilla, just one layer. You brush it with butter, toast it until crisp, put your cheese and fixings on, and toast some more.

Onward to next week's challenge!

Looks yummy! Are those black olives on the Sonoran? They appeared to be grapes until I looked more closely. The crust is lovely!

Last edited:
Thanks Dawg. They are black beans, but I did munch on some black olives a couple hours prior ;^)

pacanis said:
Thanks Dawg. They are black beans, but I did munch on some black olives a couple hours prior ;^)

So reading glasses are in the picture for me. Of course they're black beans. Duh.

As I said in another thread, we've been wanting jaegerschnitzel so I found a recipe online that sounded decent. Turned out pretty good, especially the sauce. I served it with spaetzle, which was wonderful. I ate so much, almost popped. So did Glenn. And, I only made half of each recipe. I can't imagine how much would be left if I'd made a full recipe.

I'd still be interested in recipes from folks here, though. I'd rather have something that someone else has made and can offer feedback.

So reading glasses are in the picture for me. Of course they're black beans. Duh.

Maybe I needed an extreme closeup, so you could see they weren't pitted, but glasses are inevitable for everyone :(
err... or "de-pitted" as some would say :angel: The folks who like to de-bone things :LOL:

hope you feel better, rock.

we finally got to eat the crock pot garlic chicken that i made the other day. i passed out after starting it, and dw was unsure of when it would be ready, so the crock was just put into the fridge when i stumbled out of bed 4 hours later.

it was really good. i'll post results in lt's recipe thread in a bit.

buckytom said:
hope you feel better, rock.

we finally got to eat the crock pot garlic chicken that i made the other day. i passed out after starting it, and dw was unsure of when it would be ready, so the crock was just put into the fridge when i stumbled out of bed 4 hours later.

it was really good. i'll post results in lt's recipe thread in a bit.

So you are saying your garlic chicken made you pass out. Hmm, BT. Must be that good!

I made wings this afternoon for our tail gate.

Mid afternoon a neighbor brought over some smoked turkey for us to give a try. So that was dinner, with some potato salad.

The turkey was pretty good.

Ughhhh.. I hate the flu. I hope all is well soon!

I don't know what is going on here. We have talked about going out, but it's not for sure. If we aren't going out, it's going to be salisbury steak, mashed potatoes with some kind of veggie.

I made salisbury steak with roasted potatoes and peas.

img_1085296_0_0d54c2d1f6ddfc8f7d77340c5eae8873.jpg

We had a lot of errands to run today, so the grandkids are eating McDonald's right now. I will be finishing off my nacho cheese, with about half a ton (okay, exaggerating just a teeny bit) of jalapeno slices in it, and tortilla chips. :yum:

I made 13 or was it 15 bean soup, (no matter it was lots of beans) ;-). I started by boiling some ham pieces I had in the freezer, trying to clean time sensitive things out of there. Served it with some crusty bread also from the freezer. DH pronounced it all good.

Back
Top Bottom