What's for Dinner Sunday December 18th?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LPBeier

Certified Cake Maniac
Moderator Emeritus
We are going to DH's parent's place today for the Beier family Christmas. There are 22 people in his immediate family (including 4 siblings, 2 older nieces and 6 spouses, plus the younger kids.

We potluck the meal so his Mom doesn't have to cook much. It is turkey this year and I am taking my usual glazed carrots, plus baking. I was going to take a tourtiere, but alas I haven't got them done in time.

What's cooking at your house?

I'm off to work this afternoon so I'll be leaving some tacos for the family. It was requested for last night, but its one of those things I'd rather leave when I'm on evening shift. Easy to assemble, and tasty all around.

Nothing of consequence LPB we are a bit morose over the death of Chris Hitchens.

I hope today is special for you and your family, you in particular deserve nothing less.:)

Cooking carrot and coriander soup here on a cold night in England. Well I will be in about an hour and a half.

PPPC week 14 is here! Just a couple more weeks left. Really, the way the Browns play, I could do this for the next 10 years and only have to make 16 entries... maybe longer... Playoffs?! Are you talking about playoffs?!
As we are playing Arizona today, a state which draws much of its cuisine from northern Mexico, I am making Carne Seca, Apache Burros and Sonoran Quesadilla. Easy peasy finger foods.

I did a roast chicken last night, so we will be having Chicken and Dumplings tonight.

Soup will be with leeks and normal stuff. Dumplings will be with parsley and scallions.:yum:

Was supposed to make pizza and chicken wings but a stomach bug has caused a few of us to become horizontal, eyeing the facilities......We'll see how that developes
Ughhhh.. I hate the flu. I hope all is well soon!

I don't know what is going on here. We have talked about going out, but it's not for sure. If we aren't going out, it's going to be salisbury steak, mashed potatoes with some kind of veggie.

Rocklobster said:
Was supposed to make pizza and chicken wings but a stomach bug has caused a few of us to become horizontal, eyeing the facilities......We'll see how that developes

Geez, Rock, that's nasty. Feel better soon!

We will be having a lovely assortment of leftovers.

Nothing of consequence LPB we are a bit morose over the death of Chris Hitchens.

I hope today is special for you and your family, you in particular deserve nothing less.:)

yes, i'm feeling bad too, bolas. so sorry chris hitchens had to leave us so soon. i hadn't even known of his illness. i watched chris at every opportunity. what a brilliant mind, what a passion the man had! of course our views were diametrically opposed about most every single thing, but this never mattered or interfered in the least. there was no common ground to be had with william buckley jr. either. i watched him with some interest too, but chris--he was a whole skyfull of rockets, bright lights and explosions! so sorry his light had to be extinguished prematurely. he will be sorely missed....

Back
Top Bottom