What's for Dinner Sunday Feb 20th?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I wanted something quick and easy tonight, so we had hot dogs, on buns, with mustard, sweet pickle relish, and chopped Videlia onions.

:)Barbara

We had what we call mousakkoid. I got the recipe from my Danish cooking site. It has a layer of slice potatoes, then a layer of sautéed eggplant, a layer of ground meat, tomato, and onion, seasoned with garlic, oregano, and thyme. It's topped with a béchamel sauce and some grated cheese. It was really good. Next time I think I'll put the cheese in the béchamel.

We had it with a salad of red curly lettuce, thinly slice carrot, sliced celery, broccoli, shredded red cabbage, and red onion. The salad dressing was a basic vinaigrette of EVOO, wine vinegar, Dijon mustard, salt, and pepper.

I ate too much :D

I'll see your two and raise you 5-6 more in the freezer :LOL:
Butter is one of those items I DO NOT want to run out of :)

ooh, no - don't run out of butter. I stock up when it's on special and keep it in the freezer too. I'm down to three pounds in the freezer and I'm really glad it's on special this week.

BTW, according to Joy of Cooking unsalted butter keeps fresh longer in the freezer than salted butter!

Honey glazed spiral ham, mashed potatoes, gravy, bacon wrapped asparagus. Cauliflower and carrots for dh, who thought wrapping bacon around asparagus was a waste of bacon! I overdosed on pork, but it was really good!

Sent from my iPhone using Cooking

Dinner was White Pasta Fagioli and salad.

img_971516_0_cf3c3dd1d3125a07c093e8566e9db81e.jpg

That's really interesting taxlady. You would think the salt would help preserve it.
I buy unsalted anyway and stock up like you, when it's on sale.

Barbara, are you finding Vidalias already or do you have a great way to keep them?

Forgot to mention...I am having the orange creme pie from a post last week (thanks DaveSoMD!). I made it last night. Just can't wait to eat it.

I hope you enjoy it. I'm trying a new flavor today, lemon creme. I'll let you know how it turns out.

I know that I am late posting but I made Pichanga. Its a South American dish basicly fries covered with sauages, carmalized onions and what ever else you throw in.
img_971780_0_d1619837ff316d82a8a5bb7921c11377.jpg

That's really interesting taxlady. You would think the salt would help preserve it.
I buy unsalted anyway and stock up like you, when it's on sale.

Barbara, are you finding Vidalias already or do you have a great way to keep them?

I was baffled by that for a long time. I figure it's because salt lowers the freezing point of water, so it isn't frozen as hard.

Back
Top Bottom