What's for Dinner Sunday Feb 20th?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Alix

Everymom
Moderator Emeritus
Well today is our yearly chili cookoff and our Family Day celebrations. It should be a good time.

I've apparently been drafted as a judge this year. Yay, and Boo. I'm still submitting my chili, I guess I'll just have to vote for someone else.

I am making a pot roast. I like to serve it over mashed potatoes rather than putting potatoes into the pot.

I'll probably finish off the puttanesca from the other night, maybe over penne.

I took cube steak out of the freezer- I usually make oven fried steak, but I may try to think of something different to do with it. Any ideas?

Steak night. I have a 3 lb rib roast that I am going to do up on the bbq for my daughter and I. My boss gives me meat sometimes as a bonus, when I come in and work extra hours or stay late., so she laid this beauty on me. There will be tons of leftovers, which I will use up with no problem. My wife is going to have a filet mignon, 'cus she likes her steak lean. I'm thinking an onion tart with some peppercorn Asiago cheese melted on it. Mushrooms au gratin and baked potatoes.....

Last edited:

WOW! That sounds good. The pictures on that post were amazing too. I don't have all of the things to make that tonight, but I will make it at some point for sure. We don't do mushrooms, but I think it would be great without them too. Maybe I will do the meat that way and serve over rice tomight-don't have rolls, nor the time to make any. May have to use white wine instead of sherry, but I think I will do what I can to include the peppers (I have some of those). Thanks so much for getting me out of the rut of oven fried steak, mashed potatoes and gravy. Yes tonight is going to be yummy, and I will also make those MM sandwiches soon too!
Thanks again. :chef:

Chopper, I use dry vermouth instead of sherry and it still comes out very tasty. Just be sure to use lots of butter... if you didn't notice... lol
And you're welcome!

Forgot to mention...I am having the orange creme pie from a post last week (thanks DaveSoMD!). I made it last night. Just can't wait to eat it.

Chopper, I use dry vermouth instead of sherry and it still comes out very tasty. Just be sure to use lots of butter... if you didn't notice... lol
And you're welcome!

Thanks. Butter is one thing I have lots of. Almost two # in the fridge right now!:LOL:

I'll see your two and raise you 5-6 more in the freezer :LOL:
Butter is one of those items I DO NOT want to run out of :)

Didn't realize the freezer was in on this...I only have two in there. You win!!! :ROFLMAO:

We didn't have an actual dinner but I came up with a great new recipe for meatballs wrapped in dough, brushed with melted butter, sprinkled w/ garlic powder and italian seasoning. Baked and served w/ homemade marinara on the side. It turned out great and I may post the recipe later in the appetizer section. It was a nice munchie for the Daytona 500.:chef:

meatball subs for us. I have a bunch of sauce left from spaghetti. It's too much for pizza and not enough for spaghetti so will add some meatballs then spoon them into the rolls and bake them all together with cheese on top. Not sure what we'll have with them. Maybe chips and applesauce.

We I WAS going to make beef and barley stew but he soup bones I had for it had gone bad. So, I pulled some leftover ham out of the freezer and we have having that and scalloped potatoes.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom