Whats for Dinner, Sunday Feb 22nd?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If I could get away from the computer I'd go to the store! I REALLY want Potatoes Dauphinois - maybe with a layer of smoked sausage and some sort of cheese in the middle? It's not very figure-friendly though. I still want it! :neutral:

On the other hand - lettuce wraps sound good too...and so does meatloaf...decisions, decisions!

drool.gif
Homemade mac-n-cheese, outstanding salad, warm french rolls, antipasto plate and pie with ice cream!!!!!!!!!!! What more could you ask for???? :chef:

what kind of pie? Inquiring minds want to know.
Hi VB going to be apple and pumpkin. I'm using 3 kinds of apples just to see what we get :LOL: The pumpkin is for my grandson who's favorite pie is pumpkin.
kades

I am not sure what to have for dinner. I have some broccoli that needs to used, so it will probably be something with that. The two meals I am thinking about is beef and broccoli stir-fry over rice or a layered chicken or ham casserole.

Probably another glass of water...I'm about to float off into the wild blue yaunder but I'm trying to drown this head cold. I haven't had a cold in years but here it is. Must be something going around..so many people have it..whatever it is.

Reading these post I feel like I am in a fine restaurant reading their menu. LOL

Salad; Mike of Brooklyn's recipe for short ribs...along with some of my own seasonings....carrots/celery/onions in the gravy; mashed potatoes. We don't do dessert too much if it's just the two of us, but, I do have some coffee cake that I made the other day that I'm sure DH will have
Bon Appetite everyone!!!!!

My first attempt at a beef standing rib roast. Roasted potatoes and steamed broccoli to go with

I am not sure what to have for dinner. I have some broccoli that needs to used, so it will probably be something with that. The two meals I am thinking about is beef and broccoli stir-fry over rice or a layered chicken or ham casserole.

I am not having either of the meals I described above. Instead I am making Spanish Rice from a recipe a friend gave me that was her mother's. With the rice I am having a bean and cheese quesadilla.

Family Sunday, will be getting started getting things ready to go soon. This week we are having 4 cheese homemade mac and cheese, assorte sausages to grill, a green salad with escarole, avocado, homemade garlic and parmesan croutons some red onion, and pear pieces,artichokes, warm french rolls. We have an anti pasto tray all ready and waiting with olives,salami spread with cream cheese and wrapped around a pepperoncini,deviled eggs,chunks of two cheeses,some rolled mortadella and dessert is pie and ice cream

kadesma

Sounds great, kadesma. What cheeses do you use in the mac & cheese?

It's 8:30 p.m. here and I haven't really given tonight's meal a thought. I'm at "sixes and sevens" and feel a huge cloud of depression pressing over me, so I really don't care what I have for my meal. I think I've just had enough of everything that's been going on the last 8 months. I'll probably just end up having a can of SlimFast. Better than nothing.

It's 8:30 p.m. here and I haven't really given tonight's meal a thought. I'm at "sixes and sevens" and feel a huge cloud of depression pressing over me, so I really don't care what I have for my meal. I think I've just had enough of everything that's been going on the last 8 months. I'll probably just end up having a can of SlimFast. Better than nothing.

I don't know what "I'm at "sixes and sevens" means, but the depression doesn't sound good. I have never been good at saying the right thing at the right time, but your post saddens me. I wish I knew what to say or do to help you. Get angry, depression is anger with out the enthusiam.

I will be thingking about you.:flowers:

I had Southwestern Stuffed Chicken Breast and Baked Sweet Potatoes. The SSC was a recipe keeper, I just have to tweak it to my tastes. I used jalapeno jack cheese, recipe called for plain, but it still seemed to be missing something. I am thinking salt and red pepper in the cheese sauce will be a place to start.

DH made French Toast and hash browns (home made from some leftover potatoes) and the last of my homemade pork sausage. I guess I will be going to buy some more pork and make some more as it has become a true hit!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom